Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Are the newer C-24 better?

I see a lot of people having trouble with the power supply and other features on the C-24. Is this a common occurrence? I'm ready to buy one, but I don't want to end up with all the current problems.

Thanks
Dean
Old 04-11-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Are the newer C-24 better?

Even though I've had some problems, I don't regret buying it for a minute....I love it.

It would be nice to see them work the bugs out of it (which I think they are) and not abandon the platform for something new......but for the money, it's hard to beat.

Go get one!
Old 04-11-2004, 08:49 PM

Bought a new C24 June 2003. I´ve had no trouble at all. 10 months, used daily, no problems!

Stein Tore
Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Even though I've had some problems, I don't regret buying it for a minute....I love it.

It would be nice to see them work the bugs out of it (which I think they are) and not abandon the platform for something new......but for the money, it's hard to beat.

Go get one!
he he sorry that for the money line cracks me up. I think of all those audio mags. This cheap chinese mic has a top end so harsh that you should never use it with bright sources. but for the money....

Not that teh control24 is bad I am about to take my control24 into the shop for the third time. Unlike in the US we have to take ours in to be fixed which is a pain. When everyone had paint problems in teh US and was sent a shiny new one. I left mine until teh first power supply played up then off to the tech shop for a week.

Then 6 months ago second power supply played up, do not worry I was not using the new one. (Just how many revisions have there been). So again off to the shop again, actually they found a few faders were bad as well so another week, they said 2. I was lucky.

Now I have been using it all easter with the scribble strips going mad, I will have to use it all next week as well as next weekend. As they want it for a whole week at least..
I mean fair enough if I never had problems before and seemed to be the only one with problems. Although teh build and part quality does not seem to be the best. Now out of warranty I will be paying for this fix for a known design fault.. Honestly will it last 10 years before it totally dies?

I wonder if they will be making the new ICON in china with bad QA, I mean who pissed will people get after spending US$60k and have to take it to the shop all the time.

Sorry to bitch...