Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Bought a new 002R, did I make a mistake?

1) is it true that i must be connected to the unit in order to use PTLE? if so, this thing is going on eBay! I use a Powerbook, and can't lug the 002R around to mix. how are you 'portable musicians' doing this? Can I use another sequencer program, say a non-lite version of PT, or Cubase SX?

2) I can't get D-Fi or Maxim to install. When I bought the 002R I was told they were included. now it seems they are Demo? I keep getting a 28 day trial screen for them. I did get the T-Racks and Amplitube registered/authorized, but not SampleTank. that seemed to just install?

3) Is it possible to gang together 2 or more 002R units? does anyone know if that is possible with the MOTU 828? I was told it was.

Thanks for all the help!
JP
Old 06-06-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Bought a new 002R, did I make a mistake?

MBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 06:40 PM

1. looks like your 002 is for sale because other than PT free, protools needs digi hardware to function. Maybe look at a mbox if you want portability. If your 002rack is for sale, email me a price-- [email protected]
Old 06-06-2004, 07:49 PM

welcome to the world of the internet, message boards and forums which have been created for just about anything and everything in existence in just about every industry, hence you found this one about Digidesign products. It's really too bad you didn't come around to say hello before parting with your hard-earned cash. This stuff has been discussed so many times it would have made your head spin and subsequently, could have helped you make a wiser purchasing decsion according to your recording needs.

The facts about Digi hardware and sotware and black & white. It is what it is and you either take the train or get off it. It's just good to look at the schedule first...

1- You need Digi hardware connected to run ProTools.

2- You cannot run two Digi002's together.

Sorry.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:47 PM

Quote:
1) is it true that i must be connected to the unit in order to use PTLE? if so, this thing is going on eBay! I use a Powerbook, and can't lug the 002R around to mix. how are you 'portable musicians' doing this? Can I use another sequencer program, say a non-lite version of PT, or Cubase SX?

2) I can't get D-Fi or Maxim to install. When I bought the 002R I was told they were included. now it seems they are Demo? I keep getting a 28 day trial screen for them. I did get the T-Racks and Amplitube registered/authorized, but not SampleTank. that seemed to just install?

3) Is it possible to gang together 2 or more 002R units? does anyone know if that is possible with the MOTU 828? I was told it was.

Thanks for all the help!
JP
3: DP4 supports multiple audio interfaces. For example, you can hook two 828s up and use them at the same time,thus you'll get 16ins and outs.

DP4 supports the built-in, so all you need is the headphone out. I know Logic 6 does, too,
but am not sure about Logic Pro. Actually, Protools is the one of the few programs that
need the specific hardware. It can be a good thing, but in your case it might not be.
I use DP4 and Reason, Spark etc, on my laptop. I have been very productive because this lets me
make music anywhere. This can be a bad thing sometimes, though. I guess it depends on your attitude.

Hope that helps a little bit!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:54 PM

I agree with OmniMedia.

MBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ipirece if ur selling ur 002R ill take it off ur hands for the right price

[email protected]
Old 06-07-2004, 06:46 AM

Well, I guess by now you knw the answers to all your questions, which, not to degrade your intelligence, but if you had done a bit of research, read the available material from Digi, etc, you would have known all these answers before you bought.

In case you didin't know, your 002R had 18 i/o, 8 analog (4 w/mic pres) 8 digital via lightpipe and 2 digital via spdif, same and the 828ii.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:11 PM

OK. Thanks for the quick replies.

Does anyone know about my install problems with D-Fi and Maxim?
If I end up keeping this unit, I would still like the plug ins to work that were supposed to come with this unit...

Thanks
JP

or I'll sell this brand spanking new 002R [well used for an hour] for 975 + shipping from New Jersey....

Old 06-07-2004, 09:34 PM

where in nj are you im in vine land now but im origionally for west orange
Old 06-08-2004, 10:02 AM

Notice what where is trying to tell you: You may not need to link two 002Rs together. If 16 or 18 ins/outs are enough, you can buy a separate converter that brings in eight more inputs or outputs through the lightpipe digital ins/outs.

Either the seller mislead you and the 002R simply included demo versions of D-Fi and Maxim, or somewhere you must have a serial number printed that should be entered into the software. You'd probably have to click the "Authorize" button when it nags you about the 28 day trial version.