Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Default Problem with SC48 and VNC

Hi guys. Odd occurrence. Have an SC48 out with me. 1st show VNC'd in with my Thinkpad no problem. Second show, VNC sits at the connecting window, neither sending nor receiving. Changed routers, CAT5, reinstalled EXC (latest version), tried on my MAC and Thinkpad. Bot machines see the router and the console sees the router, but neither machine will connect. Using UltraVNC viewer. Any help would be appreciated, as this is in monitors, all wedges and really makes the day easier. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Problem with SC48 and VNC

Need a bit more information about your wireless setup but I'll give you some generic stuff.
On your console, make sure it is set up with a static ip address. (Such as 192.168.1.2). Make sure that the router is giving you an address in the same subnet (typically consumer routers are in the 192.168.1.1 range). It is important that the first three numbers match (when the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0) and the last numbers are unique (usually between 1 and 255). I've seen some routers set themselves up in the 10.101.100.101 type range in which case you'll need to set the console to match those numbers.
If all that is jiving, make sure that the wireless channel on the router is not being interfered with in the room. Most consumer routers will default to channel 1 or 6. If there are others in the room, try switching the channel and seeing if that may help.
Try those things and I'll try and help if that doesn't clear things up.
Sacramento, CA
Old 06-21-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclevername View Post
Need a bit more information about your wireless setup but I'll give you some generic stuff.
On your console, make sure it is set up with a static ip address. (Such as 192.168.1.2). Make sure that the router is giving you an address in the same subnet (typically consumer routers are in the 192.168.1.1 range). It is important that the first three numbers match (when the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0) and the last numbers are unique (usually between 1 and 255). I've seen some routers set themselves up in the 10.101.100.101 type range in which case you'll need to set the console to match those numbers.
If all that is jiving, make sure that the wireless channel on the router is not being interfered with in the room. Most consumer routers will default to channel 1 or 6. If there are others in the room, try switching the channel and seeing if that may help.
Try those things and I'll try and help if that doesn't clear things up.
It was working, so unless there was a manual change of settings or a file got corrupted, it should still work. If this was a new configuration your advice would be 100%...
Old 06-23-2014, 10:41 AM

Have you tried reinstalling the Venue software from scratch? I think if I was having trouble and the setting were the same I would guess that the preferences were corrupted. The process is easy and only takes about 15 minutes.

-Roses
Old 06-23-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bloch View Post
Have you tried reinstalling the Venue software from scratch? I think if I was having trouble and the setting were the same I would guess that the preferences were corrupted. The process is easy and only takes about 15 minutes.

-Roses
People I know from Avid encourage you to re-install Venue software on the desk on regular basis, but I would point out that it should be done when you have more than 15 minutes to spare. Get all your plugin installers at hand and updated and be sure your ilok licenses fit the installers. I have been in situations where McDSP installer is V5 when licenses on ilok are V4 etc etc. And some installers get a lot of time to install, like Waves. Also don't forget that the USB port on the Profile controller is USB1 and only suitable for holding your ilok with licenses. For any sort of installing jobs use USB2 ports on the FOH rack.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM

I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the os only.