Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2023, 11:53 AM

Default Eucon stopped controlling Safari & Finder - Mac OS Ventura

It seems that Ventura has broken the ability to control Safari and Finder on its latest update. The manual has wrong info on how to make this work as it's referencing an older version of Mac Ventura Privacy & Security, and Accessibility sections. There is no option under Accessibility to add Eucon to control Mac OS any longer.

To be clear, we have no issues with our Artist Controls working with PT and Logic Pro, and we can see the touchscreen switch to the app in focus for Safari and Finder, but then none of the touchscreen function work or do anything.

Does anyone have a fix for this that is on Ventura 13.5
Old 08-07-2023, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Eucon stopped controlling Safari & Finder - Mac OS Ventura

Ok so I did find the Accessibility option under the latest version of Settings in Ventura 13.5. Under the tab Accessibility there is an option to "allow the applications below to control your computer". There I have Eucontrol and MCClient both set to on.

Still not allowing Eucon / Artist mix to do anything other than display all of the soft key functions on the touch screen, but none of the soft keys or lower hard keys do the displayed function when pressed.

Still need a fix if someone has figured this out please.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2023, 12:15 PM

So I'm having a forum chat with myself here but if there is one thing I hate is when folks post an issue and come back with "solved it" and put no info on how the solved it. So for those having this issue with Ventura 13.5, here's how to fix it.

Go to "Privacy and Settings" under the new long list of settings. Then click Accessibility in that Privacy and Settings menu NOT the Accessibility option at the top level (use the Accessibility in the Privacy and Settings section). Next when you click Accessibility, you will have the option to add applications to a list. You should see at the top "Allow the applications below to control your computer". Under that, click the + button to add the Eucontrol and MC Client applications (the + button will open up a finder window to select what applications you want to add- click Eucontrol and MC Client apps and it will add them to the list with the little slider to the right showing blue).

Then your machine may hang for a second while these are added. Once you see them added and the little slider to the right is "on" or the color blue. Then restart the Mac. Upon restart just leave everything alone until you see a popup from Ventura asking you to allow Euconrol to control the computer, click the option to go to settings and click allow. THEN it will work.

If you already have them in the list of apps to control your computer and it's now working. Remove them by selecting them and clicking the - (minus) button at the bottom of the list, restart, and repeat the above process. That worked for me.

I hope that helps and I'm done chatting with myself here
Old 08-08-2023, 10:50 AM
Avid

Where are you seeing this missinformation. Our guides say this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-08-08 104932.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)