Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2017, 11:00 PM

Default Hassle with NI KU9 install and PT 12.7 HD

So friends. I have finally given up on any easy accomodating plugin developer after trying to get a email or callback from NI

Here's the story:

I recently bought yet another trashcan 6core to use at home with a few goodies when i don't fewl like firing up our large room just to jot down a new idea.

I had this on a MacBook Pro but now i wanna move everything from NI KU9 to the trashcan.

I have all the samples and sounds from the hard drive that came with this purchase from NI KU9 on a separate SSD in its own library but nothing is installed on the new mac so what do i need to do!?

Can I install the versions i have on the installer harddrive i put all the updates on when i first installed on macbook and then i got updates from NI Center until now as i have not used the macbook, or do i need to use that lousy drive we got with the KU9 and i stall from that and then get all the updates from the NI installer center or whatever its called!?

This shouldn't have to be this hard. And when i asked NI what to do with the files on the macbook they said its a trust thing that we uninstall the KU9 when we are done updating.

What is the easiest way here and if i use the drive that came with, do i delete all the 100's of GB updates i saved from the two years of updates since we bought KU9?

Any help is much appreciatednd preferably a step by step of possible.

And is new download center, does it know what we have and will it see the updates if i use those installers before updating further or will it not care wheather or now i use the NI drive with 360GB or my own drive where i saved every update and download since purchase? ... uuaaahhh my head is exploding from all this.

I sat with Plugin alliance for hours as i was installing all our plugins and one of their plugins bx_saturator didn't work and their support took hours to find i had not downloaded the V2 even though i mentioned that 3 times in support tickets so i am all updated out right now in my brain which is tired of these convoluted back and forth trying to use what we paid for,

I am not buying more software as its vapor ware and i have deleted over 80 plugins from my home setup due to lack of use so hardware all the way from now on as none of us here would buy hardware and just leave it uninstalled for months or years ...

Thanks for reading friends and thanks a lot for any help here

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Hassle with NI KU9 install and PT 12.7 HD

Christopher:
I wish I could definitively answer your question about the installs; NI doesn't say if their updaters are full installs or not. What I can answer is about the Native Access update business: it scans your system when it starts to see what you have installed and pops up what, if any updates are available and gives you the option to install them if you wish. It doesn't care how the install was originally done. And though you didn't ask the old Service Center still works.

A thought just hit me to try: look at the file sizes for say Kontakt 5 on the drive you got from NI and one of the K5 updates. If they're within a few hundred bytes or so I'd say the updates were full installers. Another thing to try is to try using one of the K5 updates and see if that does an install or not. One thing I see that could be an issue is K5 or any of the others that use samples might not see the sample library path but that's easily remedied.

If you still have problems let me know and I'll ask over on the NI forums.

QAPLA!
Old 02-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Pretty sure they're all full installers - as in, whatever is the latest available under your NI account downloads section will work from scratch.

I personally like (if that's the word for it) Native Access much more than I ever liked Service Center, as it allows you to choose where the samples and libraries go right at install (assuming you want them on a separate drive), as opposed to having to use a slightly different method for each program, which was the way it worked before.

It still downloads and installs things one at a time, but you can queue up multiple downloads, so it's somewhat automatic.

Hope that helps.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Thank you both for this info

I will try these suggestions tonight and will report back as soon as i have gone thru these steps.

Again Thanks both of you, It is great to have this forum to help and get help

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-13-2017, 08:53 PM

No help from me until you post a Sandra report
Old 02-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Will do as soon as they make it for OSX

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 AM

I went down this path recently and I just used their hardrive .., but after all is installed trash N.I service centre and download from the N.I website; Native access, and do the updates from here.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's