Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 AM

Default static in play back (with computer specs)

i was also having the problems with the static(white noise) on play back.

here are my system specifications.

windows Xp pro sp3
lenovo thinkpad T60
intel CPU T2300 @ 1.66 GHz
980 MHz, 2 GB of RAM

and im using an M-Audio Fast Track Audio interface

please help soon, i have been searching for aid for over two months now on different problems i have had with this program. its very frustrating to spend alot of my money and for it not to even work. if you cant help me how can i get my money back? thanks.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Default Re: static in play back (with computer specs)

You have no signal coming through?

Did you set which input your using on the recording track? It is a no-brainer, but sometimes I'll over-look something as simple as that.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:15 PM

i have it coming through, but when i play it back it will play back my recording with huge skips or a static fuzz and screw up the recording.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:29 PM

I am having the same problem, at random times in playback it will give a bad distortion. i think pro tools is b.s. n best buy dont want to give me my money back., i think these big companies are theives
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 AM

I also have this problem with pro tools essential
I've posted it at pro tools essential's forum some time ago but no answer or support yet...i must say my laptop doesn't meet the minimum system requirements (i have a celeron m processor) but these white noise bursts are a very common issue even with "certified" systems...
In fact there was a long (very long) discussion about this white noise problem with pro tools "full" versions in avid forums and it seems that an 8.0.4 update solved the problem...but pro tools SE and Essential are stucked at version 8.0.3...it seems these entry level pro tools versions are just a piece of garbage
Still waiting for an update that will solve the problem...
Old 02-07-2011, 03:06 PM

I just came here to post the same thing. I'm so unhappy with this purchase. I just had a tough time setting it up. Now, during play back I have 3 different things going on.

1) I either have a static throughout the whole recording, and/or;
2) I get this huge blast of distortion; and/or
3) I get some system DAE error either 9606 or some other number

This is very frustrating so far...

Any answers to these three questions above?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM

I can't believe I spent $104 on this product and just had to spend anotehr $40 to speak with customer service...once...I hope this fixes the problem.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM

I have been on hold for 37 minutes...and I had to pay 40 dollars to be on hold for 37 minutes...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM

1 Hour and 28 minutes and still holding... I think the MA Better Business Bureau might be getting a call from me tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Absolutely laughable. First, after waiting for nearly two hours, the guy on the phone says they don't offer customer service for Pro Tools SE. He says that I have a software problem and need to upgrade software. He says they won't take a return because there is nothing wrong with the hardware (microphone) I bought and the software (Pro Tools SE) is essentially thrown in for free. Despite it advertised as being a 'Vocal Studio' package. I find this absolutely ludicrous because the vendor (a local guitar store) won't take it back because of copyright concerns related to the SOFTWARE included in the box. So, essentially I just spent my money on a product that is unusable unless I pay hundreds of dollars more for an upgrade and I can't return it because of the the "free" broken product placed in the box. Moreover, and this was a real treat, the customer servic rep. said that most of the people that call customer service/tech spend "over $500." That makes me feel much better...apparently it is ok to not care about your smaller customers.

The only plus side was that the rep. was going to refund the $40 I had to spend to wait for two hours to get him on the phone to get no help whatsoever.

I can't wait to hear what the manager he says is going to call me has to say.