Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise - Is there a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCrotchRocket View Post
I know this problem has been addressed before but I still haven't been able to find a solution. I'm starting to doubt there's one out there. And I know SE is a cheaper version and all but I'd still like to get something out of my money...

I bought the M-Audio Fast Track Home Recording Studio with the Pro Tools Se a couple days ago. Every other time I open the program I get that white noise in the background whenever I arm a track or playback what I've recorded. This is very frustrating. I have to close Pro Tools and reopen it for me to be able to do anything, and this wouldn't be so bad if the problem didn't come back just five minutes later...

I've tried everything all the posts have said and nothing works. I've switched to "mixing and producing" and I've done all the optimization things that AVID recommended. I'm not sure if It has to do with my graphics card or what. I read somewhere that it might help to turn off the wireless internet...

I've been using Propellerhead Reason for years now and I bought the cheap version of Pro Tools because of rewire. But if this doesn't work why would I ever be motivated to buy the full version?

Here are my Specs:

Lenovo Y-550p (Laptop)
Windows 7 (64 bit)
4 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 Processor 720 1.60 GHz
Local Disk C - 263 GB free of 420 GB
Disk D - 26.4 GB free of 30.2 GB (I record on this Drive)

I use Avast Software; I know Norton has been known to cause problems, but I'm not sure if Avast does or not.

I'm new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hi
I bought this M-Audio fast track pro a week ago and I had the same problem with this white noise in background of my work.
I tried what ever you think and suddenly I found the solution.
follow these steps:
1- turn on your pc/laptop
2- plug in the USE cable from m-audio to your pc
3- turn m-audio on
4- here you can see white noise
5- turn off m-audio
6- unplug it from pc
7- put your pc on sleep, DO NOT TURN IT OFF OR RESTART IT (just close the lid or press the power button one time or from start menu>Sleep)
8- wake the pc up
9- plug in the USB cable
10- Turn on m-audio
Here you are...
White noise is gone...
the reason could be over load of usb voltage regulators. (it is not a hardware/software problem, in medicine we call in congenital problem :) )
I hope it works for you too.
I tried this method more than 10 times and it works good.
good luck.
enjoy m-audio
Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 PM

I think the static might have something to do with the interface that is being used with the software. Pro Tools uses the interface for the output audio as well. So you have data going in and out through the interface. I have a Fast Track and the USB is a 1.1 which is clocked at only 12Mbits/second. I have used it with Adobe Audition as well and although the static is not as bad as Pro Tools it is still there. I am dumping the Fast Track and going with something that has a USB 2.0 which has a raw data rate at 480Mbps. And even though it won't top out at 480 it is way better than the 12 USB 1.1 delivers
Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Experiencing the same problem as Op!
My Setup:
Dell Inspiron 1525
Win Xp Pro sp3
Intel core duo 2.00Ghz
3 Gig Ram
7200 rpm internal Hard Disk
M-audio Fast Track & Fast Track Pro(latest drivers from M-audio web site)
Please get us a patch to fix this asap.
Tommy
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Avid

There are a variety of things on a Windows system that can cause disruptions like this in the audio. Have you followed the suggestions here to try and isolate the problem?

Pops, clicks, crackles, dropouts, or distortion – USB Audio Troubleshooting Guide
Old 09-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Ive tried everything i can this static is kind of frustrating. its a clean instrumental and its a clean vocal track but sometimes when i play it back it just gets a really loud static that ruins the whole thing. its will come on and stays there for a while, itll go away after pushing play and stop a bunch of times, but it comes back almost right away. i know that i recorded it clean and i know the instrumental is clean. I might return this product if i cant find a solution. what do i do? Im in need of some serious help.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM

not sure if this has been covered but the best way to rid this problem is to undo running programs not needed in msconfig. i only start what is nessesary and leave anything not needed not running. also DISABLE WIFI AND ANTIVIRUS! thats a given though but some dont understand. there are good guidelines to tweak you OS for pro tools and most work great. hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Product Design View Post
We are aware that a small number of Windows 7 users are experiencing this issue and are looking into it. Information and updates will be posted here as they become available.

Tim A
Is there any progress on SE compatibility with Windows 7 ??