How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Default Settings Changing on Their Own

Hello everyone,
I am currently using a Profile to mix monitors with. I have noticed that once in a while some settings will change on their own. For example, the routing in the patchbay changed for my IEM for the singer. I checked them out in the morning and they were find. I went to check them again the afternoon and they weren't working. I looked and found they were no longer routed to the outputs originally assigned to. This was the third show with the console and it just happened.

I also found an input gain had changed on one channel that I had changed the night before.

If anyone has come across this before it would be interesting to hear about.

Thanks in advance.
Dean
Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Settings Changing on Their Own

Do you use snapshots? A snapshot will include patching, pre amp settings an everything else, if you are recalling a snapshot (or someone messing with your desk when you are away) with different patching, you will loose your patching like that. I have never -ever seen a desk do it by itself, never. There might be something going on like some small parameter changes due to scratchy pots that move a bit when the sub's hit but nothing like what you describe. Patch your stuff, and remove patch and preamp scope form all the Snapshots to be sure.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 PM

I agree with digi, snapshots seems like the culprit there. Things aren't going to "change" unless a user is behind it...accidental or on purpose. I have butchered a few things because I had the wrong thing selected a time or two...but that is like that with any digital console.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-12-2011, 01:40 AM

If someone is messing with the desk behind your back you should be able to see that in the history window. And as always, you might be forgetting to overwrite the show file and recalling a show will erase your last soundcheck. Then History tab is your friend. I have seen this way too many times...
Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Cool Re: Settings Changing on Their Own

I said all that last night then came to the church I work at and a couple of the inputs were mispatched. Lol But, there are other folks who use this system throughout the week and more than likely they changed some stuff around. The first thing I though of was this thread tho. =)

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Thank you for all the replies.

As it turns out, I was sent out another desk. There had been some sort of script log popping up about 5 minutes after I booted up the console. It happened everyday and then the audio company that rented to board to us sent the log to Avid. In between all this, I had an input gain change between 15 and 20 db all by itself. You could see it change and no matter where you set the input gain it always reverted back to the 15 and 20.

I guess when Avid saw the log, they advised the soundco to send me another one. Everything has been fine ever since.

Thanks again everyone!