Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Default Re: play flashes then stops. session wont play.

guess what guys... in typical pro tools fashion it has inexplicably started working after days of trying.

I loaded it up and it displayed a message saying that the hardware settings had been changed and I needed to restart pro tools for them to take effect. ( I hadn't changed anything). Anyways, upon a reboot it worked.

Wish I knew what it was to help anyone else who has the problem, or myself if it happens again.

Anyways... cheers for the help.. much appreciated. :)
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM

... and now its no working again... arrrggghhhh!!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM

ive found i can get it working by first opening a new blank pro tools session... then within the same instance of pro tools opening the session from there... then it works.. any ideas why?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 PM

Hey people,

I have the same problem. During a session if I hit the CPU limit or disk speed limit, playback stops and i`m not able to start the playback again. The same like you describe your problem.

play flashes then stops, wont play!

The only thing what helped is restarting pro tools

Mike

btw.. I`m working on a macbook pro, older generation Pro Tools 9
Old 03-04-2011, 10:17 AM

I am having same problem too. posted a tread about it a few days ago:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295836

though to add to this thread, I am running PT 9.0.1 with a zed R16 and Win7.

I reinstalled and updated pro tools and now it works. However, just yesterday found one session that is causing the same problem, while others work fine. Interestingly, the session that doesn't work on one computer works fine on another. The other computer is using an mbox 2. Could it be the hardware? The Zed is an asio.

any help please.

Lou
Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM

same problem. very very annoying. sure glad im not recording a band,
that would be fatal good old hardware buttons.

i changed from logic to my new protools 9 about 1 month ago and besides of a few crashes everything was ok so far.

now this strange problem occured. no play. no nothing. just the bling bling no matter what i do.
i have a newer black MBox and even the new Protools 9.0.2 Update. Still not working. A new blank Session is playing but if i open (from there on) the Sessions that worked just yesterday, they dont.
Tried the IO default. didnt work. I read of this Problem with dates long time ago already in earlier versions.

As i tried to change the Buffersize, and then back again, Protools completely hangs and does nothing even after 15 Minutes, so i have to interrupt it manually. The whole Session actually acts pretty strange. As i tried to remove Plugins it was taking wayyy to long. somethings wrong..
looking forward 4 the true solution..
Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 PM

I had the same problem, I found that you have to have the interface that you are working with match up with the session before you open protools for a example i am using Zed-r16 with protools so you would open the zed dice program for the Zed and set it to the session that you are going to open such as 88.2 sample rate and the buffer size such as 512. Then open the protools session. since doing so i have not had any problems since.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Not sure if this will help anyone, but check(in preferences) your record allocation. If its set to no limit(use all available drive space) change it to 10 or 15 minutes and see what happens.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM

i updated my OS X to the newest and also the Drivers of my interface (M Box) and Midi Interface (Midisport 4x4). there is a little program called "Pro Tools Pref and Database Helper". it deletes ALL of the necessary prefs and that stuff. (needs a restart after it) after that my protools played again. the whole bug came back after i was away from my computer for a while, i runned the program again and it worked, but you need to set some of your settings in PT again after running the program cause its kind of defaulted. i also better try that thing with the settings of a session in the audio interface program before starting Protools, that might help. thanks alot!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM

The only time I have seen this is when Pro Tools has not seen the desired interface and looked for something else and changed it (ie the computer soundcard). Some times it just needs to be changed back in the playback endine dropdown.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com