Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 01-16-2006, 02:20 AM

Default HD Film Workflow

Just a quick question on the AVID/ Pro Tools AAF workflow.

Based on my understanding, Avid Express pro can export an AAF consolidated media (audio and video on the same drive) which you can then import in Pro Tools HD3 with Mojo.

Now, we have tested and proven this workflow on SD (standard def) 14:1 and DV25.

My question is, will the workflow be applicable for HD Film & DNX HD at 720p, or will there be an entirely different workflow?

Will a Pro Tools HD3 with Mojo be able to import an AAF with the Video format being HD?

I'm in dire need of an answer for this...

ABU
Old 01-29-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: HD Film Workflow

Quote:
Just a quick question on the AVID/ Pro Tools AAF workflow.

Based on my understanding, Avid Express pro can export an AAF consolidated media (audio and video on the same drive) which you can then import in Pro Tools HD3 with Mojo.

Now, we have tested and proven this workflow on SD (standard def) 14:1 and DV25.

My question is, will the workflow be applicable for HD Film & DNX HD at 720p, or will there be an entirely different workflow?

Will a Pro Tools HD3 with Mojo be able to import an AAF with the Video format being HD?

I'm in dire need of an answer for this...

ABU

Guys, I'm still waiting for answers. Anybody please....
Old 01-29-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: HD Film Workflow

Pro Tools with Mojo and MediaStation|PT cannot playback HD video, so you'll have to have it transcoded to SD from the Avid end.

Kim.