Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Mackie Control Universal Pro

Okay here's the deal...It looks as though the problem is solved...I hope I'm not jumping the gun but it's been at least an hour since I last saw the error that was poping up every 5 to 7 seconds...Since then the Mackie has worked flawlessly and it's a damn good piece of equipment...about an hour ago it occured to me that the session that I was getting the errors in was one that was originally an HD session that I imported in to LE to do a remix of...This changed the disk allocation...I don't know if that had anything to do with it but the bottem line is that the session wasn't created on my system...so after foolishly trying to solve the problem in that session for a day or two I decided to open another session that was created locally...Bingo...No more error messages...Go figure...So I want to thank all of you super cool cats for your time effort and support in this one...Keep making beautiful music...Peace
Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 AM

hey there glad you seem to be getting somewhere with this issue!
As far as the HD session, maybe try creating an empty session, then import the session data and audio files from the HD session to your new session and see if if will work for you.
I am having issues with Pro Tools Crashing opening sessions I created in PT7 and below....I have had to import almost all of them into new sessions to get them to work

Every day is certainly a new adventure!!!!

Intel Q9650, Asus P5Q Deluxe, 4 gigs Corsair Dominator 1066 RAM, 2x Asus 256MB fanless video cards, 3x W.D. 320 gig SATA drives, 2x 250 gig removable backup drives, I-Star 400-6Q case, Sony Lightscribe DVD, Noctua fans, I-Star 580 watt power supply, ADS Pyro Firewire, Scythe Ninja Heatsink, Kensington Expert Mouse, Logitech Trakball, 4x video monitors
Old 10-01-2009, 09:12 AM

That's exactly what I did last night Paul and again the problem disappeared. Our Kung Fu is better the the Kung Fu of the machines!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM

Glad that is now working for you. We don't have import incompatibilities such as the ones described however, all of the studios I work with typically ask for and receive sessions that are nothing more than consolidated audio files. Plug-in and VI incompatibilities, different outboard gear, routing and mixing styles don't ever seem to make for good session file transfers.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM

I'm having the exact same problem.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:53 AM

me too, I just got my mcu pro today and thats all i've got so far. I hope I have better luck tomorrow. looks like i got some research to do.....
Old 03-13-2010, 04:44 AM

Hi guys,

I'm going to be totally honest with you here.. I spent about 3 hours reading researching and uninstalling reinstaling that USB driver for the mackie. it doesn't work with protools 8.0.3. I am running vista ultimate 32 bit.. After spending that much time and the money for the unit which I almost took back to the guy I purchased it from I hooked it up to my 002r with midi cables, Set it up in the midi studio to run in and out port 1...On channel 1 with all other channels disabled, Then used the hui setting in the periherals with it pointed to the new midi studio patch name I created. It started working and everything lit up.. I am very disappointed with the way USB drivers are working in protools 8. It's making me question every hardware purchase now. Nothing just works in protools it's frustrating...and time consuming which real kills my creativity....
[email protected]
M42 Entertainment Myspace
Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 AM

I had the same problems some time ago with an original Mackie HUI. Turned out it was all inside the USB-connection from my Midi/IO to my Dual G5. I use a lot of USB-stuff on my HD rig. I got myself a powered USB-hub and it never happened again. Hope it works for you too.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo Peters View Post
I had the same problems some time ago with an original Mackie HUI. Turned out it was all inside the USB-connection from my Midi/IO to my Dual G5. I use a lot of USB-stuff on my HD rig. I got myself a powered USB-hub and it never happened again. Hope it works for you too.

I really wish it were that simple for me... I'd think it was if my axiom just stopped working, but right now it's the only usb device I have that works in protools.. and I have to say that even it is having an issue. I am having to go into my midi studio setup everytime I open/create a session to add the ports for it back to the setup... annoying... drivers are not suppose to do this stuff...
[email protected]
M42 Entertainment Myspace
Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 AM

Angry Re: Mackie Control Universal Pro

I am also having to the follwoing issue

Hi All:

I am hoping I can get help please ASAP!!!, I bought the mackie universal pro with 1 extender, I tried everything to get it to work and I am getting nowhere. I am working with Pro Tools 8 on a Dell 670 windows XP SP3, 003 factory rack. The Mackie is set to HUI mode, in deivce manager under game controllers I do see USB Audio device which repusents the MCU, now when I go in to Pro Tools in peripherals to midi controller tab I select HuI, but in the input selection when I select the drop down menu it says none. I am wondering if this is a input issue? I am going from the MCU via USB, I did change the connections just to test and used regular midi cables going from the MCU to the 003, I do see that midi data is being transmitting because if I move a fader on the MCU I see the midi light on the 003 flicker. I have seen many folks have this same issue but I dont see what was the fix? Help please as this is holding my production up.. I did call the Mackie support team and they are telling me is a Pro Tools issue 