Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Plugins fail to load, despite many free slots?

Oh dear, my system seems to have gone up the spout again right before a session.

I *think* the culprit is my Pultec EQ-1A Plugin.

Everytime i open a session that uses this (TDM) plugin, either the EQ-1a, or just as often other plugins, are switched off by protools due to 'Insufficient system resources' as the song loads.

Checking the System Usage window, shows 4 or 5 totally free chips, spread over a couple of farm cards???

What do folksk think is up? bare in mind, that these are tracks that loaded ok 3 weeks ago. Very Frustrating.

The only thing i've done since, is to install the free EQ3 plugin (so i can use the rtas version), as a massey plug that i bought, reccomended that i install it to fix something...

http://www.masseyplugins.com/index_v2.html?page=faq

Could this have mucked everything up?

Help needed asap as ever :)

xxxx

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: Plugins fail to load, despite many free slots?

I doubt installing those would cause any problems, but you never know.

If you suspect a particular plug-in, try moving it out of your plug-ins folder, trash preferences, and try everything again - if it functions normally, reinstall the errant plug-in.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 AM

ok..there's definately a big problem here with the pultec plugs....have a look at this screen grab please :

http://www.eyelashband.com/images/mix.tiff

This is a session i'm running, which clearly shows some free DSP slots...now i can load in other plugs...phoenix, sony infaltor, focusrite eq etc, & all is fine......but try to load up any plutec eq's, & usually i get a DSP error.

Worse still, sometimes they load up...but when i save the session, random plugs are disabled due to 'lack of DSP resources'....throwing out the pultecs from the session...saving, then reloading usually gets the song up & running again.

I have:

* thrown out all my prefs, databases etc
* run digitest (all my hardware passes)
* Run cocktail
* made sure that i'm running the right pultec bundle from here http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...d=26904&eid=0&

Still no joy....help !

xx

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Hmm. Sure you've got all the right MIX plugs from all 3 installers on the page you linked to?
1, Digi 2, Digi Dist 3, Digi BF?

If any 'new schoolers' are present you'll get the -7204 or the other resources error.

Also, There are 3 different types of chips (3 of one, 2 of another & 1 resectively) on MIX cards, and that 'certain' plugs can only run on the 3 with the sram.

I own all the Massey and they all work great (only the THC doesn't work on MIX as TDM) although you need to install the DIGI Dynamics III to patch a faulty library in 6.4.1cs4

Then, as DynIII "takes over" Command-G, you can either uninstall it or Group from the menus.

Also, putting a Z in the name before any of the plugs that have the .dpm extension so they load last can also help. That's all I got. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Hello All,

I've been long recommending that users run the EQ III installer to patch the broken Digidesign DSP Manager library that ships with 6.0-6.7 systems. Unfortunately, I've recently determined that this breaks a MIX system's ability to do DSP shuffling. Therefore, MIX users need to revert back to their previous library version if they have used the EQ III installer. To do this, delete the v6.9 library installed in:
/Library/CFM Support/Digidesign DSP Manager

Then, re-run your Pro Tools installer. (On XP, this library is called DSPManager.dll and is installed in the same folder as the Pro Tools .exe)

I'm currently updating my plugins to work around the underlying DSP Manager bug and hope to post updates over the next week. The unfortunate side-effect will be reduced DSP efficiency on pre-6.9 systems, esp. with the L2007.

Thanks and sorry for any trouble caused by my original recommendation,
Steve