Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Trying to Open a Mac Pt Session HELP!

I have several Mac Pro Tools sessions that I need to open on my Windows PT LE system. Unfortunately all of the audio files have either a .L, or .R extension, or no extension at all. When I open the session, it can't relink to any of the files. When I try to Manually Relink, it says "One or more fiels are incompatible in format, sample rate or bit depth with the audio file you are trying to relink.

If I create a new session, and just try to import any of the files, it says that the file is unreadable by Pro Tools.

I don't what to do now....
Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Trying to Open a Mac Pt Session HELP!

I guess the big question is, did you tick enforce mac pc compatibility when you recorded your sessions. If not, I think you have to go back to the mac, open a session, "save as" a new session, delete all audio tracks - eek, then go file>import session data and import all your tracks from the particular session. Here's where you can tick "enforce mac/pc compatibility" along with the audio data(I think that's what it's called)box and the other one at the bottom that I don't know what it's called either. You'll see what I mean. If you've already enforced mac/pt from your mac sessions then I don't know what's up.

Good Luck,

Dave
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Open the session on the MAC and choose SAVE SESSION COPY and make sure you check the ENFORCE PC-MAC Compatibility. Also, before you do that, consolidate all audio tracks so they are a single audio file for each track. Also give us the details of both systems.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave

Last edited by albee1952; 12-11-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:19 AM

Default Relink Window sees audio files as incompatible

I'm on PT8. A client is coming in later today to work on sessions he started with another engineer who has a PT10 rig. i copied over that engineer's session folders (sessions and audio etc.) but of course couldn't open the sessions as they were .ptx and not .ptf. initial engineer kindly re-copied session files as .ptf and sent those to me. I'm trying to open them, but the Relink Window is not allowing me to link to the existing audio files, saying “One or more files are incompatible in format, sample rate or bit depth with the audio file that you are trying to relink” Even if I ask it to only search for links by name (and not ID). And point it directly to the audio files folder.
These sessions are 24-48, the engineer confirmed it, he's a pro. But if I open the Import Audio and select a file, the info pane says:

Type: QuickTime (what? not BWF.WAV ??)
Bit Depth: 16 (16-bit? What? Can't be!)
Sample Rate 48

So I start a brand new session as 16-bit 48k just to see if it's possible that these are actually 16-bit files. Tried as .wav, then a new session as aif. But importing session data also yielded the same Relink incompatilbility issues. Is the problem that these are seen as QT files and not BFW?
I've imported sessions (from this engineer and others) that were .ptf copies of .ptx files before and have never seen this problem.

What gives??
Old 12-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Are you on Windows? If so, ask the initial engineer if the sessions are in SD II file format. If they are, then he needs to resave in PT 7>9, AND convert to wave(PC will not read SD II files)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave