Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 03:18 PM

Default midi and tempo change pt III

Givin this one another lash,. Hope theres an answer out there.

dubman.
Dose anyone know if you can change the tempo of a track without changing the tempo of a midi track. I'v got a midi loop that I want to match the tempo to.I can do it well enuogh with audio loops but the midi track seems to change no matter what I do.
---------------------------------------

Big D.
Hi,

Only way (if I understand you)is to record the MIDI loop as Audio, say 2 or 4 bars. Once in audio use the time compression/expansion tool to adjust, Or alternatively, find out what tempo you want the loop to be and record it independently at that tempo.

I'm a bit confused as if it's a MIDI loop you should be able to make it any tempo you want.

Maybe let us know exactly what the 2 elements are that you are trying to lock.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Big D

----------------------------------------------------------
Dubman.
Yeah I'v got a loop of midi goin, (not audio) and I want to set the song tempo to that of the loop. I can do it easy enough in cubaseSX but I'd like to do it in PT's LE.

-----------------------------------------------------------

so yeah, still looking for an answer on this one. I suspect there isnt , but there must be some kind of 'work around' to get it done ?

cheers
Dubman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You should be able to set your MIDI tracks up in PT at the correct tempo, then import your audio tracks & use the TC/E tool in grid mode to stretch them to fit. You will get artifacts if you stretch too far. Using Ableton Live might work better?

Scott.

------------------------------------------------------------------
dubman

yeah i'm not sure you guys are gettin what I'm tryin to do.What I did was record some midi bass line and the trimmed it into a 1 bar loop. I didnt use a click so it dosnt match the tempo grid.I want to match the grid and tempo to the midi loop without changing the tempo of the midi loop.

------------------------------------------------------------------

spkguitar

Select the loop so that it loops properly when played in loop mode and then identify beat (ctrl+i).

--------------------

dubman

tryed that, it works on audio but not midi. the midi loop still expands and contracts as you change tempo, so you cant match it up to the tempo grid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------