Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2013, 11:24 AM

Default PT 10HD License question

Basically, my question is: does an HD license "transform" a vanilla installation into HD or does HD requires a specific installation ?
I've just bought the PT9/10 + CPTK to 11HD and before activating it and therefore surrendering my CPTK, I'd like to know if my current PT10(vanilla) would run with my new HD license (and its extended features).
I'm asking this to make sure that in case the new installation causes problems, I still can work by using a previous disk image.
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: PT 10HD License question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop22 View Post
Basically, my question is: does an HD license "transform" a vanilla installation into HD or does HD requires a specific installation ?
I've just bought the PT9/10 + CPTK to 11HD and before activating it and therefore surrendering my CPTK, I'd like to know if my current PT10(vanilla) would run with my new HD license (and its extended features).
I'm asking this to make sure that in case the new installation causes problems, I still can work by using a previous disk image.
Thanks.
If you had the Pro Tools 10/9 bundle + CPTK, and do the upgrade to HD 11, you would "surrender" the Pro Tools 10/9 bundle license and the CPTK license. In exchange you would then have a new Pro Tools HD 11/10 bundle single license that would give you authorization for BOTH Pro Tools HD 11 and Pro Tools HD 10.

So if you are using Pro Tools HD 10, you would have the same capabilities as you did before with Pro Tools 10 + CPTK.

The downloads for BOTH Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools 10 would be in your Avid account under Your Products at http://account.avid.com where your Pro Tools HD 11 product would be listed.

The installer for Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools "vanilla" is the same installer (since Pro Tools 9). The license on your iLok determines whether or not Pro Tools HD or regular Pro Tools opens.

Off topic, I've been to Lausanne, and it is a very beautiful place. Especially about now when there are fewer tourists between summer and ski season.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Default Re: PT 10HD License question

Thanks Bruce, that was a quick reply!