Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Sad about loss of Pro Control in PT11

Avid announced the discontinuation of PC in 2011 with the release of Pro Tools 10 so not sure what the surprise is here. From what I remember PC was released in 1998....so about 14 years of support? Not bad. Maybe not as good as a 5.5 million $ Douglas DC8 but still....
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
indeed , they won΄t work in Pro Tools 11 ,however surprisingly the Control 24 will but is not supported, also the blue interfaces seem to work but again not supported.
Where did you hear that the Control 24 will work, although not supported? I'm a hopeful Control 24 user.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM

Hardware is hardware. Should it break, I ought to be able to fix it. The manufacturer should not be able to come to my studio and take a figurative sledge hammer to it and offer me no option but to replace it with a brand new one.
Collections, Personal Injury, Entertainment Law
myspace.com/studio89rocks
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Hi Folks.. if you are in the NYC area, we'll be demoing the RAVEN tomorrow at GC Pro on 14th St. Call Tony at GC Pro for a last minute appointment, it's booked up but I'll stay as late as possible.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairl View Post
Where did you hear that the Control 24 will work, although not supported? I'm a hopeful Control 24 user.
Hi blairl

They said in the webinar from NAB2013 that Control 24 will "work" but won't be supported aswell as the C|24 so keep your fingers X:ed ! You can read this in the webinar q&a transcript on Avid.com IF you can find it That site is not user-friendly so

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
Hi Folks.. if you are in the NYC area, we'll be demoing the RAVEN tomorrow at GC Pro on 14th St. Call Tony at GC Pro for a last minute appointment, it's booked up but I'll stay as late as possible.

Cheers,
Steven
Hi Steven

I love the look of Raven and we will probably buy one as soon as it is released!

Do you have any pricing for the 46" and the 27" ready?
Congrats on beeing the first visitor from the future on the DUC FORUM as the Raven is some Futuristic piece of gear

Love it

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Hi Chris, the 46" RAVEN is 16k stereo and 17.5k surround, and the smaller RAVEN is $3500 stereo and still provides a really fast and futuristic workflow with Pro Tools.

In the US, contact GC Pro, in UK contact Media Pros, Australia Chocolate Audio, and we'll have more distribution info at www.slateproaudio.com

Thanks guys! There is life after Pro Control, and it's gonna be great! Don't worry!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
Hi Chris, the 46" RAVEN is 16k stereo and 17.5k surround, and the smaller RAVEN is $3500 stereo and still provides a really fast and futuristic workflow with Pro Tools.

In the US, contact GC Pro, in UK contact Media Pros, Australia Chocolate Audio, and we'll have more distribution info at www.slateproaudio.com

Thanks guys! There is life after Pro Control, and it's gonna be great! Don't worry!

Cheers,
Steven
Great! Thank you soo much Steven. We are in Sweden and we ARE buying on even if I gotta swim over to get it and swim back with it on my back so do you think shipping to sweden is a possibility? Or are we "hosed" as that sems to be the "Word of the month" here on DUC

Everything Slate we own is GREAT. And can't wait to buy the Raven even though we have a D-Command ES 32 so when you have time I' d like to talk to you a bit more seriously. We have a few friends here who might want one too so that could be 4-5 units at once.

Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 04-17-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: WTF is wrong wit my iPad spelling ghost?