Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2008, 07:57 PM

Default Need help installing LE on digi 003 rack?

it says
iLock Required
"This version of DigiTranslator requires authorization to run, but no hardware key can be found. Please install the hardware key for this software.

as an error during start up of the program PT 7.4

what is iLock what does it look like i dont think i got it with the package

please advise good folks

otherwise it seems it may work but i dont have any pro tools files to test sound with any advice?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Need help installing LE on digi 003 rack?

Mine is a blue - USB driver look alike device - that plugs in to an open usb port. It should come with your purchase . . .
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 PM

where does itlug into the rack on? i dont see an input

anyways i bought this unregistered and slightly used on ebay
so now im going to give him an email to see about the key

this is not the factory version btw it has no plug ins im doing the upgrade online for that later is this the issue or should i still have a key?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:35 PM

https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/iLokManager

That's what an ilok looks like. It plugs into an open USB port on your computer and you don't need it to run Protools. It is required for many add-on plugins that are not part of the basic package. Digi Translator is an add-on that you do not need to run the program with any Digi hardware. Try going to Control Panel>Add/Remove programs and if you find it on the list, uninstall it and try opening Protools. If that doesn't help, you can go to the Digidesign folder under C:/Windows/Program Files and dig into the plugins folder and drag the 2 files that have the name digi translator out of the plugins folder an into the Unused Plugins folder(you may need to create a new folder).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/iLokManager

That's what an ilok looks like. It plugs into an open USB port on your computer and you don't need it to run Protools. It is required for many add-on plugins that are not part of the basic package. Digi Translator is an add-on that you do not need to run the program with any Digi hardware. Try going to Control Panel>Add/Remove programs and if you find it on the list, uninstall it and try opening Protools. If that doesn't help, you can go to the Digidesign folder under C:/Windows/Program Files and dig into the plugins folder and drag the 2 files that have the name digi translator out of the plugins folder an into the Unused Plugins folder(you may need to create a new folder).

right i noticed that disk the translator is for other languages and i checked it out this unit doesnt come with that key so it figures out another way for the add-ons and plug-ins this is the basic unit Im downloading an upgrade when im all set up, thanks for your help