Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2013, 06:07 PM

Default C24 console and Digi Rack 003 communication issues.

Hi Guys,

I finally complained enough that my program chair has given me the green light to finally set up a 5.1 mix lab at my school.

I have pro tools 10 LE, 003 Rack +, C24 console, a Furman PL-Plus Power Conditioner, five 5" Blue Sky monitors and I would say a 12" Blue Sky subwoofer running into a Blue Sky bass management interface and controller.

As far as I can tell with my intermediate knowledge of routing, daisy chaining etc. everything is connected correctly. What's happening is the C24 doesn't show up in the hardware or playback engine menu under Set Up, nor am I able t hear any sound when creating a stereo session through any of the speakers. The console continues to say offline and I can't seem to get it to connect.

I have the ethernet cable from the console connected straight into the mac tower. I read someone's reply on the DUC that stated running the ethernet into a crossover of some sort, but not clear why that would change anything. I also tried to find an updated version of he driver for the C24 but could not find anything.

Anyway guys, if you've read any of my other posts you'll know that I am trying my hardest to approach every opportunity to better my skills and will exert all option prior to reaching out. I.O.W, I totally respect the engineering/trouble shooting aspect of what we do, and am humbly asking for a little insight and guidance.

And as always, your responses are GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:52 AM

Default Re: C24 console and Digi Rack 003 communication issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat768 View Post
Hi Guys,

I finally complained enough that my program chair has given me the green light to finally set up a 5.1 mix lab at my school.

I have pro tools 10 LE, 003 Rack +, C24 console, a Furman PL-Plus Power Conditioner, five 5" Blue Sky monitors and I would say a 12" Blue Sky subwoofer running into a Blue Sky bass management interface and controller.

As far as I can tell with my intermediate knowledge of routing, daisy chaining etc. everything is connected correctly. What's happening is the C24 doesn't show up in the hardware or playback engine menu under Set Up, nor am I able t hear any sound when creating a stereo session through any of the speakers. The console continues to say offline and I can't seem to get it to connect.

I have the ethernet cable from the console connected straight into the mac tower. I read someone's reply on the DUC that stated running the ethernet into a crossover of some sort, but not clear why that would change anything. I also tried to find an updated version of he driver for the C24 but could not find anything.

Anyway guys, if you've read any of my other posts you'll know that I am trying my hardest to approach every opportunity to better my skills and will exert all option prior to reaching out. I.O.W, I totally respect the engineering/trouble shooting aspect of what we do, and am humbly asking for a little insight and guidance.

And as always, your responses are GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Hi,

The drivers are built into pro tools

Have you gone to setup>peripherals>ethernet controllers and scanned the ethernet ports to find the C24 then select the c24 in the ethernet port box. that should be it and the c24 will come online. if not try a different ethernet cable if its a cross-over ethernet cable.

The C24 is not an interface you will have to use the 003 as the interface and connect the audio connections from the 003 to the monitor input section on the C24 to use the monitor section on the C24. you will probably need to get the correct audio cable to do this. called a digi snake which will have the 25way D connection on one end for the C24 inputs and Jacks on the other end for the 003 outputs.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 AM

Default Re: C24 console and Digi Rack 003 communication issues.

Great insight! It worked!

Now I am unable to get the session to output signal to all speakers. It's only outputting signal to the left front and center in a stereo set up. I tried importing the c-24 mix and stereo I/O settings; as well as opening the session and selecting not stereo mix, but c24 in the quick start menu. Would you happen to have any insight on this new found issue?...

...And thanks a bunch for your last comment!!!