Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM

Default Line 6 pod hd pro with pro tools 11.

I am new to pro tools 11, but i have experience with pro tools 9 and 10. I recently bought a computer for music production and i was trying to figure out how to set up the line 6 pod hd pro as an interface to record guitar tracks on pro tools. I downloaded reaper and i was able to get it to work on reaper with no problems, but I cannot figure out how to set it up to work with pro tools 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Line 6 pod hd pro with pro tools 11.

OSX or Windows?

Did you hold down the N key when launching Pro Tools to open the Playback Engine window to select the Pod as the I/O device?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM

And did you install device drivers for the interface before trying to connect it?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 PM

I did install the drivers for pro tools and for the line 6 pod hd pro
Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamerguy View Post
I did install the drivers for pro tools and for the line 6 pod hd pro
Drivers for Pro Tools? There are no "Drivers for Pro Tools". Pro Tools needs the drivers for your interface (the Pod HD) installed in the OS so it can use that.

You should have installed the Line 6 version 4.2.6.9 (7/10/13) drivers on Windows 7. Assuming that scant info in your profile is correct.

Hold down the "N" key when Pro Tools starts up. What options for playback engine are presented in the dialog box that appears?

You have told us next to nothing about what your system etc. As Craig asked for, you need to provide information about what computer you are on, exact OS, etc. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page. Post a sandra report.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Assuming Pro Tools opens ok, go into the setup menu and select 'playback engine' at the top it may say Pro Tools Aggregate, click on this and change to the Pod. It will relaunch Pro Tools.
Now you want to go into i/o setup, and on the input and the output tabs select all of the inputs (outputs) delete them, then select default. This should then make all the inputs and outputs available.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:31 PM

I cannot even get pro tools 11 to open without it freezing and taking like 20 minutes to open. I hate pro tools 11.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I cannot even get pro tools 11 to open without it freezing and taking like 20 minutes to open. I hate pro tools 11.
Fluff posts like this don't help get this problem solved. You need to get specific about what you have and what is goign on if you want help from other users here.

0. Read this page and links it contains: "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" above on this page.

Clearly answer all the following questions -

1. For the third time: what happens when you hold down "N" key while Pro Tools is starting? What exact options show up for the playback engine in the dialog that appears?

2. What exactly shows up on the screen and what takes so long (what things are showing on the screen while is is starting so slowly).

3. You have all antivirus software disabled right?

4. Does the computer has all other standard Pro Tools optimizations applied?

5. Post a Sandra report.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:35 PM

I am using windows 7 ultimate as my operating system. I have 16 gb of ram. My processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 Cpu @ #.40 GHz 3.40 GHZ. My system type is a 64- bit operating system . My computer was manufactured by cyber Power PC.

When i hold down the N button, nothing happens because pro tools takes forever to load so i cannot even see if it works.

Basically Pro Tools 11 never get's passed the intializing databases part of the loading.

I do not have my anitvirus software disabled. I am using AVG 2013 internet security as my anitvirus.

I am not able to optimize anything due to pro tools never being able to load.

Anymore information you need. I am still a noob and i am still trying to learn all of this stuff.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I am using windows 7 ultimate as my operating system. I have 16 gb of ram. My processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 Cpu @ #.40 GHz 3.40 GHZ. My system type is a 64- bit operating system . My computer was manufactured by cyber Power PC.

When i hold down the N button, nothing happens because pro tools takes forever to load so i cannot even see if it works.

Basically Pro Tools 11 never get's passed the intializing databases part of the loading.

I do not have my anitvirus software disabled. I am using AVG 2013 internet security as my anitvirus.

I am not able to optimize anything due to pro tools never being able to load.

Anymore information you need. I am still a noob and i am still trying to learn all of this stuff.
You are not able to optimize anything because you did not read and follow the Pro Tools installation instructions/documentation. Had you done so you would have disabled your antivirus software. You can go read that now or find the optimization instruction under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page. Do every last optimization described for Windows 7, however silly seeming. That may not fix the problem but it will get you at least to a properly configured systems that should work OK.

Read all the rest of the stuff under "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!"

Now also post a Sisoft Sandra report here. Not your description of what you think is in your computer that is missing lots of useful information. A standard Sandra report like you see posted all over DUC.