Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 07:35 AM

Default Gear Insurance

Just wanted to get some advice on getting insurance for the gear I use in the studio & out live. Who, where, what , why (well why a certain company).
Old 05-24-2002, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Gear Insurance

If you do a search of the DUC, you'll see this has been covered again and again.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:22 AM

I (and several others here) use Music Pro insurance:

http://www.musicproinsurance.com

Very thorough coverage at a good price.

Tom
Old 05-24-2002, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tld:
I (and several others here) use Music Pro insurance:

http://www.musicproinsurance.com

Very thorough coverage at a good price.

Tom
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I sent these guys a check for around 70.00 for 7500.00 worth of coverage. It took them about two months to mail me the plan and I still haven't talked to a live person on the phone. Are you sure these guys are legit? I faxed them a change in equipment three weeks ago and haven't heard from them since. Not exactly stellar customer service. Just a thought.
Allen
Old 05-24-2002, 05:17 PM

Yes, they are legit-

I just had an amp stolen out of the back of my car and have been corresponding via phone first and then email with a representative.

The process was going very smoothly, but then my amp was actually recovered, so I can't comment past that. I will say that I called about 3 times in one day as well as leaving messages to make sure I got a human on the phone and once I had a representative on my case, I was able to get email replies within 8-12 hours.

ASCAP lists Music Pro as a preferred partner (ASCAP members get better rates) so that is also a fairly good endoresment.

I used to have insurance through Clarion, and had one claim with them- they were great too, but their rates went up, so I left for Music Pro.

Joe
Old 05-24-2002, 10:48 PM

They (Musicpro) are actually Fireman's Fund, which is a huge insurance co. They are legit and very reasonable. Plus they cover gear in the weirdest situations. Rental, at a gig, fell of a truck..etc.. Other insurance companies may offer insurance, but I can almost guarantee they won't be as creative in their coverage and will cost more.
Their premiums tend to average about 1% with a per claim one time deductible . I carry 60,000.00 for about 600.00 a year. They prefer to use email. I had a hard time getting a person at first too. But overall I would rate them very highly against anyone else I checked.