Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 05:21 PM

Default 24Bit aif not recognised by Pro Tools

Hi for those of you who didn't want to read my massive last post here it is condensed.

I have a 44.1KHz , 24bit .aif of 6.03 length

When I try and load it into Pro Tools, Pro Tools thinks it's 44.1 16bit of 0.00 duration.

The file is fine as it opens fine in anything else. How can I get it to work short of opening every file in cubase and having to save them one by one!

Any help or pointers would be massively appreciated.
Thanks,

Stu
Old 07-30-2002, 05:23 PM

Default Re: 24Bit aif not recognised by Pro Tools

Did I mention I tried convert and import audio but it says Error because End OF File - and I know this file is okay becuae it opens in everything else!

HELP!
Old 07-30-2002, 05:59 PM

Default Re: 24Bit aif not recognised by Pro Tools

If it opens in something else, then save it from that app - even better, convert is to something useful (or useless) just to force PT to convert from a different format or not convert at all. If I have a gazillion files to convert I use Barbabatch to perform the conversions. Not always error free, but so far I've been lucky - If Barba has failed, PT has been succesful and vice versa. Barbabatch lives at http://www.audioease.com

Good Luck,

Ben