Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2013, 07:37 PM

Default Loom not recalling saved parameters correctly

This is frustrating. Loom is a great sounding plugin. I've not heard another which sounds quite as organic and real. It's a monster. But the other day we discovered that, at least in our system, it refuses to obey the parameters which are saved with the session. The dials all look correct (we even took screen shots and tried matching them visually) but the sound itself is very different. What we have to do to get the sound back is sweep a particular knob fully clockwise and counter-clockwise then place it where it was originally, as we see it in the photo. In particular, it's the complexity and tone knobs which are being bastards.

I haven't tried this at one of our other computers (why haven't I done that???) but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. It's a nightmare for the particular session in which we're using because we keep having to recreate the tone and those knobs are actually very sensitive, changing the tone drastically with only minor movements.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Loom not recalling saved parameters correctly

Maybe draw in some automation doing the sweep at the top of the song as a workaround for now so you won't have do do it manually
Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 AM

I've seen this from day 1. I've reported it to AIR, and have had zero response from them.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 PM

I don't understand AIR. It's not unprecedented that a big roll-out such as this be so disastrous (and yes this is a disaster) but how could they be so irreverent about it? They're not interested in their reputation?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:27 AM

It seems that the scale of their launch problems overwhelmed them completely but it looks like those who opened support tickets with them shall have an opportunity to share their opinions - I received a customer service survey from them today.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I don't understand AIR. It's not unprecedented that a big roll-out such as this be so disastrous (and yes this is a disaster) but how could they be so irreverent about it? They're not interested in their reputation?
"AIR" didn't rollout the disaster...InMusic did.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
They've always been this way - what did it matter what anyone thought of them when they were owned by Avid and had a instant market handed to them

That's why Hybrid has been soooo outclassed by, for instance, U-He's Zebra; Structure is a joke compared to Kontakt or Motus's Mach5, Strike ditto compared to Superior Drummer or BFD etc etc.

There's nothing they make that can't be bought with both way better specs and support.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Here's why it's an issue:

Quote:
This is frustrating. Loom is a great sounding plugin. I've not heard another which sounds quite as organic and real. It's a monster.
Loom isn't Hybrid. And in fact I couldn't care less if any of the other AIR plugins didn't work. But Loom is different and that's why I started this thread.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Here's why it's an issue:

Loom isn't Hybrid. And in fact I couldn't care less if any of the other AIR plugins didn't work. But Loom is different and that's why I started this thread.
Awesome.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Have you been able to isolate what is different, or at least point to a parameter or set of parameters that you believe are not following the "correct" settings on the GUI?

For example, has it happened to any settings that have a disabled morph path? Nothing has changed in the modulation sources, or anything like that? Can you describe how it sounds different?

Have you tried saving your custom settings to a patch, and checking to see if it eliminates this behavior? Have you experienced this behavior with the VST version of Loom?