Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2022, 05:31 AM

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

It looks like it still hasn’t been addressed in 2022.5.

It’s been quite a while now…Is there a possibility they can’t fix this?

A working hybrid engine was the whole selling point for me buying a Carbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2022, 03:35 PM

In case anyone is wondering they don't appear to have addressed this in 2022.6

I had a big mix session open with tons of plugins causing big delay compensation to be happening. The mix session was behaving normally. I did a bounce because I needed to do some overdubs. Imported the bounce and deactivated all the mix tracks except my bounce.

While recording my recorded track sounded fine...on playback it was a lot early. Not great for the talent to wonder what's happening as they're trying to sing to it.

Again, I have no confidence in my system right now. I've been using protools since version 4 TDM. I've never had this much worry with sessions.

Please tell them to get on it and fix it...I think folks like myself have been pretty patient. If it's not going to get fixed let's make the announcement so I can move on to something else.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2022, 03:34 AM

I'm having the same problem on an HDX system, so its not even strictly Carbon-related. Sometimes, re-opening the session fixes it and on one occasion, doing a bounce and getting to further work on the session also fixed it.

Something is definitely still wrong with their ADC / Automatic Delay Compensation code.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
I'm having the same problem on an HDX system, so its not even strictly Carbon-related. Sometimes, re-opening the session fixes it and on one occasion, doing a bounce and getting to further work on the session also fixed it.

Something is definitely still wrong with their ADC / Automatic Delay Compensation code.

Yes, for sure still a problem that seems to affect the hybrid engine on all hardware…and they confirmed the problem last November.

Bugs that only affect me I tend to deal with better. This has the effect of causing the talent to think their timing is bad…that’s a BIG problem for me at my place.

It makes them unsure of themselves and when I explain the issue it makes unsure of recording at my place…not cool.

I’m a little worried that it’s taking this long and that Avid moderators seem to have given up commenting on how progress is going. Doesn’t make me feel like a fix is coming anytime soon.

Old 07-18-2022, 03:19 AM

Adding my voice to this thread. HDX Hybrid system here, same system. I no longer trust hybrid. I do all my tracking now in classic HDX mode so as not to freak out my clients when they come in to listen to a take. sigh...
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 07-20-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
Adding my voice to this thread. HDX Hybrid system here, same system. I no longer trust hybrid. I do all my tracking now in classic HDX mode so as not to freak out my clients when they come in to listen to a take. sigh...

Thanks for chiming in.

Being a Carbon user if I switch to the non hybrid engine I get worse latency than my old Lynx converter that I replaced with Carbon.

I wish I could just not use hybrid until they sort it out but it’s not an option for me.

If this was happening with the regular engine it would have been fixed by now…no question. It’s not a small problem.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
Bugs that only affect me I tend to deal with better. This has the effect of causing the talent to think their timing is bad…that’s a BIG problem for me at my place.
Yes, HUGE issue here and also why my Carbon is not in use for anything here right now. The dismay good musicians feel when everything sounds out of time on playback is hard to convey...

Support has been trying to work with the mulit-out misalignment issue as well, but I've been busy and haven't been in a situation I've been able to put Carbon back into production to test.

Some of the updates in 2022.6 give me some hope, but I don't think it's addressed them yet.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
I didn't keep my HDX system, so I'm back to TDM HD Accel here. There's still nothing as stable with as low of latency. Carbon can do better latency, but such a struggle with the ADC not working.

TDM is so outdated it's a real drag to go back after being current again.

Last edited by Matt Hepworth; 07-31-2022 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-01-2022, 05:43 AM

They’ve known about this for so long now, I have an active bug reporting this and talkback issues…they’ve spent 2 months stringing me along for the outcome to be “make sure you are on the latest version of Pro Tools and we are working on it” 😳😳😳

The mind boggles really at how such a core function of the Carbon doesn’t work… they should send us all the units that their design team all built because it “was the unit they all wanted in their own studios”. They either work flawlessly or there’s some serious cloth ears over there!

I’m done with towing the party line on this…. I’ve already steered 2 or 3 producers away from Carbon….. Avid have screwed up big time with this product and should come clean and reimburse everyone.

I’m back on my HDX / Matrix Studio setup in my main room with my Carbon sat in the other room making that room inoperable. I think it’s time to pull it out of my studio completely and shout from the rooftops before anyone else gets suckered by the YouTube videos of it being the centre of your workflow 😩😒
Old 08-02-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Byrne View Post
They’ve known about this for so long now, I have an active bug reporting this and talkback issues…they’ve spent 2 months stringing me along for the outcome to be “make sure you are on the latest version of Pro Tools and we are working on it”

The mind boggles really at how such a core function of the Carbon doesn’t work… they should send us all the units that their design team all built because it “was the unit they all wanted in their own studios”. They either work flawlessly or there’s some serious cloth ears over there!

I’m done with towing the party line on this…. I’ve already steered 2 or 3 producers away from Carbon….. Avid have screwed up big time with this product and should come clean and reimburse everyone.

I’m back on my HDX / Matrix Studio setup in my main room with my Carbon sat in the other room making that room inoperable. I think it’s time to pull it out of my studio completely and shout from the rooftops before anyone else gets suckered by the YouTube videos of it being the centre of your workflow

Totally agree with you. For the first time in my over 20 year career working with protools systems I feel like Ive been taken advantage of with this gear.

It’s not working as advertised (and despite what some folks here say) they’re not in a hurry to fix it.

It’s really not acceptable…I’d be beyond embarrassed treating my customers that way.