Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Avid_i want my money back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
It was a treat buying WD Caviar Black 500GB drives for $50
Yeah no kidding, I bought 3 at the same time when I saw that price Two I'm keeping as backups, ie not installed.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Dear AVID, I purchased protools 10, Nov 3 2012, for the past week or so for some unbeknownst reason my protools 10 with CPTK crashes on a regular and constant basis! i'm running 0Sx 10.6.8 on a macbook pro 2.66ghz i7 unit. Nothing has changed on my end as far as i'm aware. I have contacted you folks via the free avid tech support route ( the one provided when I purchased my protools 10) regarding the issue with the pro-control, and have brought this up on this forum last week, the issue being whenever I switch to sends view on the control surface protools x crashes. If I take the same session and run it on my protools 9 partition everything is hunky dory!
Frankly I don't have time to F_____k around, I'm a busy man; trying to figure out bugs with your software is a waste of my time, after all the time and research you put into this version you'd think it would work properly without major glitches as I've just run into. Bottom line is, if you folks consider yourselves a pro company then start acting like one and take this issue along with the other issues I have sent you via the tech support route seriously and if you can't do that please send me a refund cheque, as you did with version 8 of protools that didn't work on my PPC!

Lets see how professional you really are.

Please forward this message along to your management team, I'd like to hear what they have to say regarding this.

Ps: as of right now i am forsaking using protools x until you can help me resolve these and my other tech issues, i can't risk loosing data or have projects crash whenever I hit the flip switch, and I outright refuse to use a bloody mouse to mix!
what was the Tech support response to the problem?

Member IATSE Local 700, MPSE, ATAS, NRA & USMCHC.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Crickets...

He'll probably just delete this post like all my others...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Avid

Post Re: Avid_i want my money back!!

This issue was also reported here, and we are looking into it.

Will also make sure your support case gets updated.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickroadstudio View Post
Crickets...

He'll probably just delete this post like all my others...
With that kind of attitude you're just asking for it though. Patience is a virtue.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-15-2011, 01:58 PM

I have the exact same problem here. Funny it didn't happen on some very simple sessions, but today in my first serious edit/mix day I CANNOT flip to sends on the faders. That causes an instant crash.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sadly, hard drive prices are spiking right now due to flooding that shut down the factories overseas. It was a treat buying WD Caviar Black 500GB drives for $50
You can say that again. I just bought a 1 TB WD Caviar Black for almost $260 on Newegg and that was one of the best prices I could find.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 12-16-2011, 05:27 PM

I usually freak out when I upgrade. I have been doing it for years and I am a good trouble shooter in my studio. I always figure it out. Takes time and patience unfortunately. There are so many variables out there!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Smile Re: Avid_i want my money back!!

I swapped Protools 10 procontrol drivers for Protools 9 procontrol drivers, no luck. I kinda figured it wouldnt work but it was worth a try.

As for my attitude regarding professionalism from a company thats been in the software and hardware business a little longer than me, I'm very sorry to say but I have no tollerance and patients for this kind mishap. My clients pay me to mix/edit and sound design and they really don't give a hoot whether my software is glitchy or not, if I start to make excuses that my bloody software is glitchy or I'm tired or whatever the F----k excuse you want to use... and it prevents me from getting work done as a result, guess what.... I'd be out of business in a flash. (im not saying protools x is total write off, what the issue is really about is a company selling a solution thats still glitchy and can't be fully implemented; this after how many years of research and toil on their part.....) Bottom line is: I have next to no tolerance or patience for anyone claiming to be a Pro who sells their product or services and does a half assed job and that includes myself!

So for now until AVID can get their programming together I'll forsake using ver 10 and stick to Protools 9 that works. I'm not in business to be a beta tester.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 12-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Dear AVID, I purchased protools 10, Nov 3 2012, for the past week or so for some unbeknownst reason my protools 10 with CPTK crashes on a regular and constant basis! i'm running 0Sx 10.6.8 on a macbook pro 2.66ghz i7 unit. Nothing has changed on my end as far as i'm aware. I have contacted you folks via the free avid tech support route ( the one provided when I purchased my protools 10) regarding the issue with the pro-control, and have brought this up on this forum last week, the issue being whenever I switch to sends view on the control surface protools x crashes. If I take the same session and run it on my protools 9 partition everything is hunky dory!
Frankly I don't have time to F_____k around, I'm a busy man; trying to figure out bugs with your software is a waste of my time, after all the time and research you put into this version you'd think it would work properly without major glitches as I've just run into. Bottom line is, if you folks consider yourselves a pro company then start acting like one and take this issue along with the other issues I have sent you via the tech support route seriously and if you can't do that please send me a refund cheque, as you did with version 8 of protools that didn't work on my PPC!

Lets see how professional you really are.

Please forward this message along to your management team, I'd like to hear what they have to say regarding this.

Ps: as of right now i am forsaking using protools x until you can help me resolve these and my other tech issues, i can't risk loosing data or have projects crash whenever I hit the flip switch, and I outright refuse to use a bloody mouse to mix!
I run PT 10 and have been doing so for a long time. It never crashes here. In the studio or on the laptop.

If you keep demanding back your money every time you have a problem with a software, soon you won't have ANY software on the computer to run..

Perhaps YOU DID something that caused the erraticness on the computer. Perhaps the OS is fault.
So many things could be causing this.

So instead of whining I suggest you roll up your sleeves and prepare yourself for troubleshooting.

And if you really want your money back... Then contact Avid. Yelling on this forum won't give you anything than a headache !