Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 AM

Default Re: To My Professional Brothers.......

Remember, it's a zero-sum game. For every seller at a loss, someone is buying at a discount.

AND for the CDO/CDS insurance fraud -- someone is owed all the money from the insured paper.

Can you imagine insuring something that you don't own? Vegas, anyone? That's EXACTLY what these crooks were doing... and the TURE reason the banks and securities firms are all f***ed. They sold highly leveraged insurance on a basket of securities that didn't really have any value. It's not the bubble bursting in housing that's causing the real mess, it's the CDS's that these crooks sold/bought trillions of $ -- without owning the underlying security they were insuring!!!!!!

****** criminals.

As to the economic climate -- my clients that used to pay 7-14 days are now being chased for payment after 35 days. 2 big accounts are on credit hold (and this is hurting me). I can't do more work for them when they owe me real money. I am raising my prices for clients that do not pay on time, since i have to find the money to loan them. My biggest accounts are moving forward on all projects, nothing slowing anyone down here (for now).

My credit line on my AMEX blue card was reduced by 25% (from an insanely high limit to a high limit), with the following reason:

Quote:
Other customers who have used their card at establishments where you recently shopped have a poor repayment history with American Express
I kid you not. My recent transactions: Apple Store, United Airlines, NewEgg.com, AT&T wireless... yeah, lump me in with the rest of them...

My FICO is above 750, but in this climate you MUST watch it -- as if you have any balances (such as a HELOC) and the credit line is reduced, then your utilization percentage will multiply -- then your FICO wll go down due to utilization ratios, then your interest rates will go up, simply because THEY lowered the credit line. You didn't do anything... you met your obligation, but they changed the rules of the game.

Be careful out there. Use cash if you can!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 AM

I have an Amex Blue Card, I'm gunna have to check out my balance / interest / and limit.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
i do however ask that God would come in and make my magma chassis talk to my 192 with cs 6 and 7.

i'm picturing Him writing that cs8 code right now!
With all due respect, I'd let the Digi guys sort that out, I think they've more chance of success!

see www.humanism.org.uk etc. for details...!!
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFord View Post
I have an Amex Blue Card, I'm gunna have to check out my balance / interest / and limit.
Thanks for the tip.
I wouln't even wipe my "highest point when I am picking strawberries" with an AMEX card. Crooks... VISA or MASTER - they the best (IMO) AMEX is simply insanity.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I wouln't even wipe my "highest point when I am picking strawberries" with an AMEX card. Crooks... VISA or MASTER - they the best (IMO) AMEX is simply insanity.
They're all crooks. Every one of them. If you owe them money, they can do anything they want to you for pretty much any reason. It doesn't matter if it's visa, discover, mc or amex... They are all evil.

Which brings me to a great reason not to have a credit card: A few years ago I had a target visa, they raised the interest rate from 15% to 27% for no reason. When I called to ask them why, their response was:

"You're a good customer, you've always made your payments on time."

I asked them again why they would double the interest rate of a good customer that always made their payments on time...

"Don't worry, nothing bad is going on your credit report. You're a good customer, you've always made your payments on time."

Again and again, this is all they would keep saying. Talk about circular argument. I truely understand their logo now. They target people who are looking for a good deal, and then stick them in an endless loop of circular argument at an interest rate that builds interest faster than you can pay it off.

Paid them off in a hurry and I'll never shop there again.

I really can't believe credit cards are legal. It's as big of a scam as health insurance.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:25 AM

Credit Cards are badly named, they should be called Debt Cards.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
Credit Cards are badly named, they should be called Debt Cards.

Well they aint just all bad. They good too, if you have an account that allows it.

In the US everyone can get a credit card. In Germany and other parts of Europe you actually have to be credit worthy in order to get a credit card.

I lived more than half of my life in the US and I love it but one of the main things making me bail to Europe was that everybody try to cheat everybody in the land of the "free", dont matter who, as long as THEY get THEIRS.

Lots of crooks in Europe too but the cheating and "Immo get mine" culture is a little more civilized here
Old 10-14-2008, 07:17 AM

Wow, being worthy of credit to receive a credit card... what a novel idea.

Also I love that credit cards are based on debt, and Debit cards are based on money you have in your checking account.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzolagonda View Post
With all due respect, I'd let the Digi guys sort that out, I think they've more chance of success!

see www.humanism.org.uk etc. for details...!!
with mutual due respect

God expresses himself through you and through digi

and another question
when's the last someone was documenting as letting digi do something?

carry on!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
God expresses himself through you and through digi
Praise be to Satan who lives through all of us. Oh glorious Satan WE are ALL your children. (See how anoying that is?)