Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Default new interfce for old mbox setup

Hello friends:

Tt has been a long time since I posted here, and though I've doen a search, I must be doing something wrong in finding my answer. I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.

About two years ago our band bought an mbox factory bundle setup to do some pre-production for our album. It worked great. However, on the way back from one of our trips, the bag that had the mbox and our ilok in it was stolen. We were able to get a new ilok, but of course was not allowed to reuathorize the facotry bundle. So now, we have a Pro-Tools LE system, with no interface or working plugins. We need to start doing some recording again, but I need to know how to get this back up and running.

What's the best course of action? Do we need to just purchase a whole new mbox setup? Or, can we get something like an m-audio interface to run with the LE system we already have? Also, since the factory bundle no longer works for us (since the original ilok is gone) are there free plugins that we can use to take care of compression/reverb/and delay?

Really, any advice is much appreciated at this point. Thanks folks.

-jon
Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: new interfce for old mbox setup

what's up man,

that sucks, but you gotta play with the cards dealt to you! Do you have PT installed on you're computer. If all you need is an interface, I have an MBox 2 I'm not using anymore. You can take it for $150....as far as reverb, delay, and compression. Why don't you just use the PT plugins...not the bundle, just the regular old PT plug ins that come with the software. I might still have a bundle that you can use, because I think i have two bundles, because I've bought more than 1 Digidesign product....and for these plugins you don't need an iLok. Also, if you want some cool plugins for free..go to www.masseyplugins.com this guys plugins are rad! Free demos, the only problem is that they don't save, so just write down where you left you're settings at, and re-apply them each time you open. That's what I do with his compression.

best of luck
daniel
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Hey im in pretty much the same deal. Would you sell me your Mbox 2? I need one ASAP! My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 AM

Hey,

No, you can't get an M-audio interface and run PTLE, you need Pro Tools M-Powered for that and that costs money. The cheapest route to take would probably be getting either a used Mbox (they should go for dirt cheap really!) or an Mbox mini.

As for free plug-ins, +1 for the Massey stuff. The demos work good and when you decide to buy them they're really cheap. Also, the latest Digidesign plug-ins are very good IMO. I own a whole lot of plug-ins but use both the EQIII and the dynamics quite often.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 PM

dmartin: Sounds promising to me. Yeah, I still have all the software installed. Contact me at my email please ( jon @ theridemusic . com) Thanks!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Surely you can transfer the plug-in authorisations from the lost iLock (which you must have registered on their website, right?)
to the new iLock?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM

it was registered, but there is no transfering of registrations to a different ilok. I contacted them after the incident and was told that I was basically screwed.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:32 AM

dmartin? A re you still there? Do you still have this mbox? I never heard from you and would like to get in touch with you.