Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 06:47 AM

Default Dragging a stereo track to a mono track

Hey guys.

I accidently dragged a stereo track to a mono track and didn't realize till 20 takes later so I couldn't undo it. Pro tools won't allow me to drag it back to the stereo track.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Duane
Old 09-22-2002, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Dragging a stereo track to a mono track

When you dragged the stereo track, it put the left side of the stereo track on one mono track and the right side on another mono track.

If you want to put the stereo track back in the timeline at the timecode it was recorded at, put Pro Tools into Spot mode, drag the stereo region from the region list onto an open stereo track and a window will open. Click the triangle next to the words original timecode (I think those are the words) and hit ok. Your stereo track should now be back in place.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Dragging a stereo track to a mono track

Thanks for responding, Who.
I did use the spot function before hand but I didn't think of looking for the other track on another mono track. I'll have to go search for it.

Thanks

Duane