Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Dragging MIDI onto a track

Hey everybody, I just got BFD, and I - like most others - am really happy with the setup and the sounds and the mixing and all the good stuff that it can do.

My question is about importing midi into a track in a session.
I have LE 6.4 and I can import a midi drum 'event' (like from the groove monkee website) into a new track. This creates a new midi track, which causes me to have to select all the new midi information, copy it, then paste it into my first midi track - sort of like building a midi track with regions of midi data....

Needless to say, this process is cumbersome and I am wondering if LE 7.0 supports any type of 'drag and drop' midi function for midi information to a midi track. I was hoping it would allow me to drag a midi file straight to the track like I can drag over audio regions from the bin to an audio track.

What's the word? What other great advantages are there for a BFD user when they upgrade to 7.0?

Thanks everyone,

GregJ
Old 12-18-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Dragging MIDI onto a track

I just read that you can drag and drop midi. Forgot which documentation it was in, but it's a go. Trust me reading wont hurt the brain. There so much information in the documentation. I usually dont do to much reading, but now I'm hooked. If I go to find out one thing, I learn 4 or 5 more. So it is highly advised. Not in no way a diss but friendly suggestion "to all".
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Dragging MIDI onto a track

Pro Tools 7.0 has a whole lot of Drag 'n Dropping going on... including MIDI.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••