Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Installing the MBox 2 Pro Standalone CoreAudio Driver?

I have two partitions on my HD, one for Pro Tools (called Digidesign HD) and one for running other apps (called Macintosh HD). I'd like to install the Standalone CoreAudio driver on the Macintosh HD partition for sending the audio output of applications like iTunes through my MBox 2 Pro (without installing Pro Tools on that partition).

(By the way, on my Digidesign HD partition, I am running Pro Tools 7.3.1cs3 on a Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad running MacOS 10.4.8. The core audio driver on that partition was installed as part of the Pro Tools installation process and works fine).

Question -- for installing the Standalone CoreAudio driver on my other partition, should I use the Standalone CoreAudio 7.3 Driver that is available on the downloads page, or should I just insert my Pro Tools 7.3 installer disc and do a "Custom Install" to only install the Core Audio driver (without Pro Tools)? It seems the latter is the suggested method, but I'm wondering if the version on the downloads page is more recent. Will either version work, and is one more current than the other? Which is the best way to go?

--Alan