Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 02:14 AM

Default Upgrade/exchange questions

Dear digidesign tech support or PT users
I have some questions about the upgrade/HW exchange, please take your time answer my request !
1- how the upgrade/exchange work ? (please explain full details step by step)
2- What's if I own a lots of old Mix related hardware but like many of my other gears, I never registered (lazy reason ) do I still qualify for the program ?
3- Because my studio is working heavily everyday, so my bigest concern is How fast the process (receive new HW and return old HW)
I'm not sure if someone already answer this kind of questions but since digidesign having special promotion, so it worth to mention it again to someone who are too busy working/finding $$ for the upgrade
best regards
Sonny
Old 05-15-2004, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Upgrade/exchange questions

It is simple - buy the upgrade, take delivery of the new equipment, Digi gives you details the ship the old stuff back to them via fedex, and they give you 30 days to get it back to them. No loss of productivity - a very well thought through program.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 PM

THanks for the reply (BTW, you seems tired of these questions huh )
But how about the 2nd question ?
Will my "unregistered" or "second hand without transfer ownership doccuments" HW will qualify ?
Thanks
Sonny
Old 05-17-2004, 12:49 AM

As long as your serial numbers don't come up on a hot sheet..They will register them, and do the upgrade in the same transaction. At least that is what they had done for me last upgrade.