Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2024, 05:42 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
This is absolutely pathetic behavior from Avid, but not sure why anyone would expect any less. Zero communication, in an instant broke the entire working paradigm for a ton of us who use either V-Control or Mulligan. Sad and just WRONG. Avid, you could EASILY just FIX the damn driver right?
This stinks! I can't bring a Econ Controller, a network switch, cables, a network to TB3 adapter, etc on the road, nor will it fit in my backpack.

I own Artist Mixes, and they are great. But what they are NOT is convenient for travel. Mulligan was the main reason I switched back to Pro Tools after years in StudioOne and LPX. I can't mix with a mouse. Unfortunately, I also can't always mix in my studio.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
HI Devon

I created a case for you as well so we can get on this issue first thing Monday. Case # is 04769525

Thanks for chiming in as the more cases the quicker fixed.

Marianna
In that case, feel free to add my name as another one missing the m-audio protocol, and thus losing access to mulligan, which is integral to my workflow. (Been using it since it was in beta testing…)

At this point I’m rolling back to 23.12 and i guess i won’t be renewing my perpetual in May when it expires.
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 03-15-2024, 03:52 AM

I'm having an issue where Pro Tools consistently crashes when creating Atmos beds/objects or adjusting my Atmos bed/object structure. This happens on both my Mac Studio (M2 Ultra) and MacBook Pro (M1 Pro) both running Ventura 13.5.1.

This crash is also consistent regardless of the playback engine I'm using (typically MTRX Studio), and whether I'm using the internal/external renderer.

Is anyone else seeing this? Rolling back for now!
Old 03-15-2024, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBaldwin View Post
I'm having an issue where Pro Tools consistently crashes when creating Atmos beds/objects or adjusting my Atmos bed/object structure. This happens on both my Mac Studio (M2 Ultra) and MacBook Pro (M1 Pro) both running Ventura 13.5.1.

This crash is also consistent regardless of the playback engine I'm using (typically MTRX Studio), and whether I'm using the internal/external renderer.

Is anyone else seeing this? Rolling back for now!

i wonder if this is related to the io window problem i reported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2024, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymassacre View Post
This stinks! I can't bring a Econ Controller, a network switch, cables, a network to TB3 adapter, etc on the road, nor will it fit in my backpack.

I own Artist Mixes, and they are great. But what they are NOT is convenient for travel. Mulligan was the main reason I switched back to Pro Tools after years in StudioOne and LPX. I can't mix with a mouse. Unfortunately, I also can't always mix in my studio.
Besides working on TDM/Native/HDX Systems all the time I also do a lot of studio support for all kind of studio and producers.

I believe it's a big oversight @avid to ignore the major change in the workfield in the last 5-8 years. So many producers have completly switched over to work from a laptop and are traveling to all kinda places all the time.

Mulligan filled a gap that no Avid controller is offering so far: quick plugin control and transportability.

I can understand if they don't want to support 3rd party hardware, but then at least give us a small eucon plugin controller.

Maybe a half size Avid Dock.

Like only an ipad + the 8 knobs (and maybe hardware buttons for "select" so you can easily switch to EQ Q).
Something you can throw into a laptop bag and easily set it up....
Old 03-16-2024, 11:20 AM

I started an album mix project using this latest release. It's been great so far! I even dared to use the built-in Melodyne and no weird errors or missing edits, knock on wood. The pop-out window is a blessing. EUCON is solid. And I'm totally loving the colour-coded IO. I didn't think I'd have any use for that at all but I took a few minutes to colour my mix template and it makes it that much easier to know at a glance whether any new tracks have been routed to the appropriate busses. Good stuff.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:32 AM

I’m in the same situation not having access to my M-audio keyboard anymore with 2024.3. All of my sound design is done using this keyboard. I will have to roll back to 2023.12 as well in order to keep working. This might be my last paid upgrade for ULTIMATE PERPETUAL, and I’ve been using PT since version 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshuajusic View Post
Cool. Thanks! In other good news, I just quit PT and it didn't tell me it was forced to quit. Old nagging bug seems fixed.
Are you by chance using Avid Control on an iPad? I have an iPad that lives on the custom hot keys page, and for the last couple of weeks if I hit the side button to lock the iPad screen before quitting Pro Tools I can quit Pro Tools without forcing quit. Until now Ive had to force quit Pro Tools about 98% of the time since upgrading to Monterey. I noticed that on the rare occasion that I didn't have to force quit Pro Tools the behavior of the Avid Control iPad screen was a little different when quitting Pro Tools and it made me curious.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:55 PM

Smooth sailing here.

I have removed so many questionable plugins since the switch to Apple Silicon began and now my plugin folder is nice and fresh with every single one updated and current.

I think Pete Gates's PT Prefs 2 should also come with Pro Tools. Essential tool for quick and easy reference.

Finally, listen to Darryl and check your plugins. Again and again. Fixes many, many issues.
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 03-17-2024, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becharax View Post
It is more sleek I agree but I have graphical issues ... when I move clips between tracks the clip gets distorted graphically while moving it ...
Yep... unfortunately I can confirm that bug in PT 2024.3/Sonoma.

Every time I try to move a clip with transparency it begins to flicker like crazy, which makes that feature practically useless. It's really annoying.