Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2017, 09:14 AM

Default Re: AAE error -9073

He also says he has an Intel 7 Dual Core. What is that? And, AFAIK, an Inspiron is a Dell laptop.

OP, go through the "Help Us Help You" link at the top of the forum, try everything there and post a Sandra report. Unfortunately, an off-the-shelf laptop is not guaranteed to run Pro Tools. Note: Avid is Diva spelled backwards. If you don't specifically need Pro Tools, check out Reaper. That DAW will run on (almost) any computer.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
In his original description, he said he has "a 1TB hard drive." Are you a betting man?
i have seen so many OP come state their issues and then never come back and a thread goes on for days with no resolution .. i was thinking about US not wasting our time !! LOL

and betting !!! no way brother !!! i never win any bets ... Vegas has a few shirrs of mine - haha

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 AM

Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM

I wouldn't if the OP has a Dell laptop with 1TB internal drive...
Old 01-23-2018, 01:35 PM

@john1192, fyi - that error message will always have the line about the firewire drive, even if nothing is attached via firewire.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post
@john1192, fyi - that error message will always have the line about the firewire drive, even if nothing is attached via firewire.
cool, i will have to go back and read through this as it was almost a YEar Ago now .. !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 04-24-2018, 01:21 PM

I was just getting this message and found this thread looking for answers. For anyone looking for a solution to OPs problem, here's one thing to check: Dropbox App.

In my case, I finally discovered that once Dropbox quite syncing, the error went away. To be clear, I use dropbox all the time without issue, even record sessions straight into Dropbox. But in this instance, I had just changed some Dropbox settings that required a pretty significant re-indexing of my Dropbox folder on this machine. Since OP was using a new computer, its possible he had a Dropbox folder trying to initially establish and sync itself leading to similar issue. Even if not, this was the solution in my case in case its helpful for anyone else.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:46 PM

Hello all - I found this older thread because I'm having a similar problem with a brand-new system.

I'm on iMac 24inch M1 Monterey 8 core CPU, 8 core GPU, 16 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, 2 external HDD 72rpm drives - 1 is 12 TB and the other is 6TB.

I seem to get the error randomly when playing through most of a song with approx 80-100 tracks. It's worth noting that I get the same error if the drive has gone to sleep temporarily and needs to start spinning again.

Anyone having this issue on M1 Monterey with PT? Happy to provide more info if there's a certain direction you think I should investigate... it's a brand new drive, but I know support for Monterey is new for PT.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymac View Post
Hello all - I found this older thread because I'm having a similar problem with a brand-new system.

I'm on iMac 24inch M1 Monterey 8 core CPU, 8 core GPU, 16 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, 2 external HDD 72rpm drives - 1 is 12 TB and the other is 6TB.

I seem to get the error randomly when playing through most of a song with approx 80-100 tracks. It's worth noting that I get the same error if the drive has gone to sleep temporarily and needs to start spinning again.

Anyone having this issue on M1 Monterey with PT? Happy to provide more info if there's a certain direction you think I should investigate... it's a brand new drive, but I know support for Monterey is new for PT.
Welcome to DUC. But please in future create your own thread, you are not running Pro Tools 12, and not on Windows.

What exact Pro Tools version are you using? and since all the suspicion should be on what storage your session is running on... is the session on the internal or one of the external drives? If external drives then what exact make/model/spec drive are you using, and how are they connected to the iMac? And what file system... and same for VI samples... where are they (and VI samples are hopefully not on the same HDD as your session... not something you should do for a HDD, but fine with modern PCIe/NVMe SSDs).

You are supposed to setup your system so it and the drives don't sleep. If you have not done that what else have you not setup correctly? Look at all optimizations under "help us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page, do every one of them.

I assume the session is on one of those external HDD? But again what exact make/model/specs and file system? ... If so you are using slow old clunky hard disk drives. You would get much better performance by just putting sessions on the iMac's internal super fast SSD. There is no longer any need for separate drives, and your slow clunky external drives are orders of magnitude slower than using the internal drive for everything (sessions and samples if you have space).

Basic troubleshooting: Check you system is fully optimized, move the whole session off the external drive and see if it runs reliably on the fast internal drive. Maybe even unplug the external drive(s) to make sure no part of the session is left on them.

What is Pro Tools disk cache set to? If you are not running out of memory then you should try to set it to fully cache the session. Set to a size, normal effectively mean means off. Watch the cache meter and wait until the session fully caches before using Pro Tools to avoid 9073 errors. Operations will be wicked fast off the internal SSD but the disk cache can speed up stuff even more, but you should not need to do this to avoid errors.

If you are already running off the internal drive, try physically removing all external drives and try again.

What IO Buffer size and sample rate? Does increasing the buffer size reduce/eliminate the error? yes I know it's not a CPU error.

If none of that solves problems then you may have a bad plugin (yes CPU issues affecting IO) and will need to troubleshoot plugins. Or very long shot a corrupt session (make sure this problem happens in more than one session).
Old 03-27-2022, 06:53 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed and thorough reply, and I apologize for not starting a new thread... I didn't realize this was under the Windows category and will try to be more precise in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

I will go through all of this and get back to you with specifics on some of the questions asap.

Right now, I can tell you the session drive in question is one of the external ones - a G-Drive connected via USB (via USB C-A adapter). First thing I will try is moving the session onto the internal SSD storage as you suggested. But I will reply more thoroughly as well.

Thank you!