Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Avid plugins out of date

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Some of what you're trying to install are plugins that used to be sold separately or came with Factory bundles, but are now included as standard as stock plugins in Protools. This includes Maxim, Rectifi, Varifi, Scifi, Lo-fi, Autopan, Intune, Mastermeter, Sansamp, and maybe some others. Basically all the plugins you mentioned other than BF3A are standard stock plugins now.

So part of the problem is that Protools is seeing these old plugins and trying to install the newer versions that come standard in Protools.

I would suggest that you do a complete uninstall of your old Protools, and also delete (trash all the individual Avid plugins you have). Then start over, after installing the new Protools, see what's left that's not included but that you have licenses for, and then download and install the latest version of those.

If 12.3.1 was already installed .....,

Q - Would it be possible to just delete "all" AVID Plugins from the AAX Folder, and just perform another 12.3 install (ie; over top of the existing 12.3 install) ? ...,
I am guessing this 2nd install would only update/install the AAX folder with the latest AVID plugins ?

I am asking this because if my question raised "was possible"

..., then the OP would not have to go to the pain of reinstalling all your other NON-Avid plugins all over again - as they would still be remaining in the AAX folder.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 12-02-2015, 01:47 PM

sorry, disregard what I said cause it looks like those plug ins are standard PT installs.

Plug In Update pulls user data, if Beta testers have new versions and plug in update it will throw off the numbers.

This had me searching and searching a while ago...

So Plug in updates is a cool tool but isn't really perfect for checking versions because of this.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:45 PM

Oh cool,

I was starting to think that, as within the PluginUpdate application it cites: Slate Digital VBC, UVI Workstation, BFD3, AVOX Mutator are all out date too.

On that note, if anyone else has PluginUpdate could you see whether you have various instances of _Pace_Eden PaceApp within the application? Among all the plugins it seems to include the iLok manager too.

Cheers,

T
Old 12-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Did you update your I-lok manager before installing PT 12?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:49 AM

some plugins that PluginUpdate shows with a newer version are still in development and are not released yet. There´s nothing wrong.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 12-03-2015, 08:14 AM

Yeah, my problem with PluginUpdate has been that the database it creates/uses is from the users of PluginUpdate.

So if a PluginUpdate user is beta testing for a software developer, the version that is reported in the PluginUpdate DB is the beta version number, NOT the number that is publicly available, so it often times is incorrect.

I stopped using it awhile ago for several reasons, and this was one of them. I think the software has potential, and was a good idea, but in practice I found it frustrating.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-03-2015, 01:05 PM

Aha! I always wondered where they got all those version numbers from. Thanks for the heads up.

Phone +46707773443