Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2021, 03:21 PM

Default MTRX-Studio activation card # won't work. How do I get EuControl?

I bout and MTRX Studio to use as a monitor controller. It came with a card. For whatever reason that activation number on the card, that i need to register the device, doesn't work. Avid has been moving extremely slow to resolve this issue (as usual... worst customer service in the industry), so I'm not able to register my MTRX-Studio until then.

I'll be adding a M.O.M. controller for the MTRX-Studio but, in the meantime, I wanted to give the Control app a try and see if that works good enough to replace my Dangerous Music Monitor ST until I buy a MOM.

From what I've been able to learn looking online, I need EuControl installed and running on the PC to be able to connect the Control app. Is that correct? Do I have to wait for Avid to get the software I need? Will I have to pay additional fees to use the software when I get it? Can I just go around Avid and download it myself somewhere? Will I be paying more to around them than if I wait?
- Lynx Aurora16 LT-Dante
- Focusrite-Pro RedNet A16R
DAW: Nuendo11, WaveLab Pro11, Reason12, MixBus32C
Old 12-29-2021, 05:27 PM

Default Re: MTRX-Studio activation card # won't work. How do I get EuControl?

Get it for free now.

Download the Control.app onto your device (phone/tablet)
Log into your Avid account from the Control.app (it will ask you to do so when you first start it)

Then on your computer, go to your my.avid account and you'll now see in your products Eucontrol as one of the lines. Expand that and you'll be able to download the software.

You don't have to wait on Avid for anything.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:29 PM

Default Re: MTRX-Studio activation card # won't work. How do I get EuControl?

The only thing is, how did you get DADman software for the MTRX Studio? That's what you really get with the registration of the hardware on Avid's site.

(Of course, you can go to Digital Audio Denmark's website, create a free support account there, and download DADman. There is zero difference whether you get it from Avid or from Digital Audio Denmark's website; they are the same)