Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Avid this is how you do business...

avid and cakewalk are two VERY DIFFERENT companies.

i, for one, was very pleasantly surprised with the upgrade pricing. $300 to go from 10 to 11 seems reasonable to me. i was expecting the upgrade to be at least $500, and knowing avid maybe more. i'm happy.

best,
marco
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Yea I am pretty darn upset that I just purchased Pro Tools 10 for $699 just 2 months ago and will have to pay an extra $299 just for 64bit PT11 that I know for a fact will be buggy as hell.
You don't have to upgrade. Plus if you been using Sonar you should be used to "buggy as hell"
Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemos View Post
avid and cakewalk are two VERY DIFFERENT companies.

i, for one, was very pleasantly surprised with the upgrade pricing. $300 to go from 10 to 11 seems reasonable to me. i was expecting the upgrade to be at least $500, and knowing avid maybe more. i'm happy.

best,
marco

That is hardly reasonable. 99$ is reasonable. $399 seems more like a competitive upgrade price. Avid doesn't get it. I'm so glad that I switched out. This is one upgrade that Avid will not be getting any of my $$$ for.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
That is hardly reasonable. 99$ is reasonable. $399 seems more like a competitive upgrade price. Avid doesn't get it. I'm so glad that I switched out. This is one upgrade that Avid will not be getting any of my $$$ for.
How about your rent ? Reasonable or unreasonable ?

How about the court fines for that speeding ticket? Reasonable or u reasonable ?

Screw the courts they are not getting any of my money !!!!

Considering this is 'the' update - i'll take it all day long
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM

I am officially on the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] AVID bandwagon. This is because they have chosen to [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] people like me.... folks already on 10 with the CPTK. Why should i move to 11, when it will mean a reduction in tools.... taking away VCA, more tracks, etc... [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] Avid
Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM

If only I could work out what type of bleeping bandwagon you were talking about.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 PM

Steinberg have just today announced Wavelab 8 at Musicmesse.

Here's what they say about grace periods ....

"All customers who have activated WaveLab 7 or WaveLab Elements 7 since March 1, 2013, or later are eligible for a free, downloadable grace period update to the latest version as soon as it is available."

Unlike Avid, who (almost) say we've announced the new version at 6pm, and if you bought the current version at 5:55 pm then tough luck.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Upgraded to pt10 29/3/13. Do i seriously miss out on pt11 upgrade????

Just called and spoke to a rep. As expected, tonnes of people have been asking about this (although he told me it was people who had bought PT10 "within the last couple months, and not necessarily within ONE WEEK like me), Avid won't budge on this. I also can't get a refund on the upgrade by sending in a letter of destruction.

Last edited by tj7; 04-12-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Reference to using cracked software
Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Grace/Amnesty Period for Pro Tools 11 Upgrade

I bought a 17" MacBookPro (with aluminium keys) one week before the new unibody one was unveiled ;-(

Fortunately, the beast had battery charging logic problems that persisted even when all the relevant components were swapped out. After they had it for a third time, I was offered a replacement unibody one.

I had paid for the faster processor and doubled the RAM. These became standard spec in the unibody. Apple didn't just replace it with the newer model, they upgraded it as well, so I ended up with a unibody MacBook Pro with twice the RAM and a faster processor than I had originally paid for.

I had also chosen the matt screen ... at no extra charge, in my original purchase. When the unibody came out, they started charging £40 extra for this. Guess what, they gave me the matt screen for free.

But that unibody version was Core2Duo, so it is unsupported in PT11. Thankfully my. Mac Pro is still supported. I am quietly hoping, however, that PT11 will at least run on the Core2Duo, even if it is unsupported. I've seen nothing that says it won't run, just that it is not supported. Time will tell whether it runs at all.

But it was a good experience with Apple, they resolved it well and truly to my satisfaction.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgreedy View Post
I am officially on the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] AVID bandwagon. This is because they have chosen to [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] people like me.... folks already on 10 with the CPTK. Why should i move to 11, when it will mean a reduction in tools.... taking away VCA, more tracks, etc... [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] Avid
A reduction? I'd pay the upgrade price just for offline bounce! PT11 will have more power than I need.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.