Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Happy users - please help

So much of the C|24 forum is negative, so much about the PSU issues, so much about the connectors etc. There must thousands of happy users out there who never had trouble with their C|24 - surely this cannot be limited to post Rev H devices? I've just rebuilt my studio and am wondering whether to upgrade the C|8 (controlling an HD2 Accel rig) to a C|24. I love a control surface, could realy use the 8x2 mixer and also the 16 mic pre's, though I am using a UA6176 for my main mic pre channel. Lurking around this part of the forum, it's hard to understand why anyone would want to invest in a C|24 - especially so soon to what must surely be its end-of-life. Can I ask any happy users out there to help tip me over my decision point with some g0od news stories - please?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Happy users - please help

I've been a happy boy for about a year now with not a single glitch. I have a Rev. H board with an HD 4/Accel rig. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Regards,
Bruce
Issaquah, WA 98027
Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Very happy user of a C24 since 2000 (2001?)

One ps issue, one connector problem; 2 days of down time in 6 years. I'm OK with those odds.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:01 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback guys - I knew there had to be some happy users out there!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:29 AM

My lovely C24 will be one year old next month. I'm going to have a huge birthday party, and invite all my musician friends for cake and ice cream. I've had absolutely no trouble at all, except for user error. I love my C24, and I'm looking forward to many more happy birthdays!

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 AM

I've had mine for about 2 years and it's been working great for me. We only come here to report problems and ask for help and most of the issues are already described here, once you go through a few threads you can find a resolution.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:35 PM

You Betcha!!! I've had mine for about 2.5 years and as stated elseware the biggest problem is often me! I have some complaints about layout and such as it's not quite able to read my mind and I must then read the manual...LOL Good service and great performance. I use it almost everyday and it works like a charm. It's smooth as glass and with the ocassional software glitch it always seems solid and reliable.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 AM

Good to hear! I know forums are where we go to get things resolved, so generally the flavour ends up being: "here's what's wrong with this product/version", but I know many of us started here before committing to Pro-Tools and learned much from users' experiences before upgrading or buying new products/versions - so every little bit of positive feedback helps. Thanks again guys.