Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2024, 03:30 PM

Default Still a mess!

So I recently bought a new Mac Pro . If the joke of performance wasnt bad enough with the performance cores the latest update has started to cause memory errors.

Luckily I have started going over to other DAWs, and I have far less issues but have to use PT for certain things. Its a shame to see this DAW start to go to the dogs. I'm running a brand new Mac and Logic and Ableton run great but PT is a causing some odd issues. As an IT engineer who knows how to manage software installs that I have installed the software from fresh and I know the other DAWs are running fine, I don't want cocky replies on here I would just like to know what others who have had issues have noticed. I have noticed on facebook that some have had some real issues withi this install. Like I say if you have anything productive to add I am interested to try it out, otherwise please don't strut your stuff.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Still a mess!

You are not helping yourself with useless posts like this. (And many of us here have all been as frustrated as you are with Pro Tools, and want to help you but you won't help yourself this way).

What version of Pro Tools and macOS are you running? On what model/spec Mac Pro.

What is your "odd issue"--you just want us to guess? You expect other users here to reply listing every known problem with Pro Tools? That's quite a list.... How about you clue us in to your problem... Lets start with is Pro Tools crashing? Having AAE errors? Just describe what is happening.

If it's at startup what stage of startup is Pro Tools crashing or having an error. What exactly do you see on the screen?

What standard troubleshooting have you done and what were the results?

Especially with multiple other DAWs installed you may have lots of plugins already installed. At a minimum follow standard troubleshooting and test with all .aaxplugin files removed.

What does the Pro Tools Log file tell you?

Are there crash logs, crash dumps etc.? You got stack traces?

Folks come on here all the time saying they are computer experts or IT experts or have been using Pro Tools for decades, or whatever. How about just demonstrating your knowledge here by describing the issue and what troubleshooting you have done instead of just making claims of how much you know in silly posts like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:58 PM

Darryl…..+100
Old 03-08-2024, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedaysuk View Post
So I recently bought a new Mac Pro...

...I would just like to know what others who have had issues have noticed.
Just installed it this afternoon. The only problems I encountered were the Video Engine throwing up an error, but then correcting itself and the plugin scan bucked a few times, but it did not crash.

I've been mixing a series all afternoon without issue. Update appears solid for me.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 03-08-2024, 05:03 PM

Working nicely here as well, but on a very different setup.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave