Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Digidesign confirm monitor design problem on the new C24

Just to let you know that Digidesign have confirmed there are noise related issues on the monitor outputs of the new C24 and have 'escalated it back to engineering'

I have heard this today from my supplier..
Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Digidesign confirm monitor design problem on the new C24

Can someone from Digi confirm and give a timeline on an update?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Great news! Thank's for information.
My dealer is also working out this, so now it seems to be light at the end of tunnel.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Avid

Quote:
Just to let you know that Digidesign have confirmed there are noise related issues on the monitor outputs of the new C24 and have 'escalated it back to engineering'
I have heard this today from my supplier.
Who was it that you spoke with?

We have done additional testing and have confirmed that the C|24 meets our published specs. We are continuing to look into this to identify where the problem might be, but at this point we have not identified any specific problem with the C|24.

It might also help as we continue to troubleshoot this to know other details of your monitoring chain (make/model of amp & speakers), so please reply with that info if possible.

Thank you.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 AM

My supplier is dealing with this.
If you want to find out more about problems with the C24 then i suggest you speak to your employers.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM

my c/24 works perfect and i love it.great job digi
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios
Old 06-01-2008, 01:36 AM

Do you have a kind of agreement with Digidesign that you are telling in these forums that your product is working perfectly ... masterlinkstudios ?? ;o)
Be happy if your sample is working, but let me tell all to you that product testing is always tested with "golden samples" which suppliers are sending for product testing.
After passed R&D testing then starts product selling and China suppliers will always find and suggest change the low cost components into products and that's the problem !!! ... I'm not telling that this is the case, but that's the fact. This issue could also be that just some production samples have poor quality.

Digidesign: Have you really checked and tested this issue like a spot test from production ? production quality could be variated ... if you're not even notify this issue anymore then I should return this unit until good one is in my hands.

Could you give a honest answer that ... are you or aren't you going to handle this control room out "hissing" problem anymore ?

br, Mikko
+358449915006
Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Avid

Can anyone provide proof that the monitor section on their C|24 is not meeting the published specifications?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Avid

Quote:
My supplier is dealing with this. If you want to find out more about problems with the C24 then i suggest you speak to your employers.
Who is your supplier?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:10 PM

To those having problems with their C|24's

Here are a couple articles from Digi to step you through different scenarios that might be causing noise in your setup:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=32669

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=32709

If you're experiencing noise then you could follow the test session, record and measure it to prove that it's in-fact coming from the C|24 itself.

Meanwhile my C|24 doesn't have any noise unless I crank the listen mic up or the main monitor knob above 0, which is way louder than I would ever monitor anything.