Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Is this true of most plugins?

Wow guys! I'm overwhelmed by all the responses! (Or maybe I need another cup of coffee). I'm not sure I'm following what I may or may not have done correctly during the download/install process. I recall that I purchased the plugin on line, then clicked on "Run" when asked if I wanted to Save or run the program. Everything after that appeared to go smoothly and the plugin was installed in the proper folder along with my standard plugins. Now I don't know how to tell which one is the free version and which one is the paid version. How do I decide which one to remove from the folder so that, in the future I'm only dealing with the full version? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:47 AM

bradchoo. I probably forgot to say I'm on PT's 9(.0.6). As stated, I did download the paid version from the Massey site. I assumed that no further action from me was necessary.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 AM

I didn't have that problem with my Massey plugs. Lucky I guess.
Can you rename the plug?
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-20-2014, 07:16 AM

Well.... hmmmm... you're running Windows, yes? Can you just uninstall both of them and then download and reinstall the paid version? I'm sure you shouldn't have to do that.... but a) I've not run into this before b) I'm running on Mac and am not familiar with plug-ins on a Windows machine.

So... it's a suggestion...
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 03-21-2014, 06:07 AM

bradchoo. If I remove both versions and then re-download the paid version, wouldn't I have to pay for it again? Or am I not understanding your suggestion? Thanks
Old 03-21-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
bradchoo. If I remove both versions and then re-download the paid version, wouldn't I have to pay for it again? Or am I not understanding your suggestion? Thanks
Obviously you would want to check with the plugin vendor, but usually you are allowed to redownload without paying again...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-21-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
You only pay for something once. Why would you need to re-download the plugin? If you save the download before installing it then if you ever need to re-install the plugin it's right there on your machine or on a backup disk. I do that with all my plugins - they get saved off to a separate disk. The only possible thing that would interfere with re-installing something (provided anything else on your computer hasn't changed) would be whatever authorization scheme is used.

QAPLA!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
No, not at all. When you log in to your Massey account, the license key(s) of the paid plug-ins and the full downloads are available.

As musicman691 said, you probably still have the paid download in your downloads folder of the machine you downloaded it on, so you may not even have to download it again.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 03-22-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
To clarify, this limitation is only built into the demo. When you buy the plug-in, this limitation is removed and it does recall correctly. I think this is the opposite of terrible, it's an excellent way to give people the chance to try the plug-in before buying it.

If you check the page for TD5 Tape Delay, you can see that upgrading to the full version provides session-restore functionality and save-and-restore functionality.
Sorry I misunderstood....I thought that was the way the Massey plugin worked..... They didn't save presets with the full version.....
I understand the demo wouldn't.