Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Structure Installation Nightmare

I cannot get Structure to load any of the .big files that are on disk 2-5. I select “All” and I can see them, but they will not drag over. I can only get the factory patches to show up and work. Originally I tried to put the samples on a separate drive, then read that the factory patches have to be on the system drive. So I deleted every thing, uninstalled, and put everything, included the .big files from Disk 2-5 on the system drive in the Encrypted folder. I have installed and uninstalled 3 times already. I’m not even going to try installing Goliath.

Nothing I do seems to work, it’s like the .big files are an unsupported file type or that they are encrypted and Structure is not allowing them to be recognized. It is suspicious that they are in a folder with the word encrypted in its name. I can only guess that I am not un-encrypting them.

Please help; I am pulling my hair out.

This has got to be the worst Installation Process I've Ever Gone Through

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Structure Installation Nightmare

Mac or PC? What kind of system specs/OS are you using?

Close PT
If on Mac, go to Mac HD>Library>App Support>Digidesign and trash the AIR folder.
Relaunch Structure and it should reindex is encrypted samples folder. Hopefully that gets it working.

If still not working, I would trash it all including the plug-in stucture.dpm and the AIR folder then reinstall from the disk. Being very careful to place all the disk in the exact folder that you chose during the first Data disk install. I even take a screen shot of that red text so I can't screw it up.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Avid

Barry - see my reply in your other thread.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Digi,

I have recently installed Structure and have had the same experience as Barry Johns. Can you please advise on how to fix this situation (I couldn't find your reply)? I really like the Factory Library sounds and am anxious to hear the rest! I also want to install Goliath but would rather wait until this is resolved.... Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 AM

Not sure but will this help?

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1281390
Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Digi,

I have recently installed Structure and have had the same experience as Barry Johns. Can you please advise on how to fix this situation (I couldn't find your reply)? I really like the Factory Library sounds and am anxious to hear the rest! I also want to install Goliath but would rather wait until this is resolved.... Thanks.
I think this is the one you're looking for.

You may also want to read this Answerbase.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:40 PM

I think this is the one you're looking for.

You may also want to read this Answerbase.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Digi,

I think i've got it now!