How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 AM

Default ER in Tube Preamp Effect Loop

Hi Everybody,

I'm planning to use the ER as a Pure Effect Processor (Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo) in the Effect Loop of a AMT Electronics Rack Tube Preamp (2*12AX7).

The Tube Preamp Effect Loop is -10db Line Level.

So Im planning to:

Guitar => Tube Preamp In
Tube Preamp Out (Speaker Simulator)=> Mixer
Tube Preamp Effect Send => ER Line Input
ER Out To Amp 2(Easier for my Rack Cabling)=> Tube Preamp Effect Return

The Eleven Rack Settings will Be:
Rig Input => Line In
1 to Amp Position (0db)=> Rig Input
2 to Amp Position (0db) => Amp Input (To totally bypass the Amp/Cab Simu)
Rig Volume => 0db

Even if my Preamp Effect loop has a Mix Level my problem is:

- As "ER Amp Out => Tube Preamp Effect Return" and the Preamp Effect Loop is -10db Line Level to I have to set my "To Amp 2 outpu volume at -10db ?

- What the recommandation for setting the Main Output Volume ? 10/10 for maximum signal output ?

That's it for today

Phab

P.S: Check AMT Electronic Products ... there great
Old 03-19-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Re: ER in Tube Preamp Effect Loop

I can't answer your questions, but I also have a 2 12AX7 rack mounted tube pre-amp by ADA and I planned to use it in the 11R effects loop, even though it has an effects loop like your unit. This way, I can still use some of the 11R amps and also connect directly into my computer from the 11R for recording (the 11R is my audio/midi interface). When I use the ADA, I expect to bypass the amp modeling in the 11R and "place" the ADA right before the cabinet modeling.

Have you considered that route? I haven't gotten around to setting it up yet, but if you know a reason why yours is the better approach, please share it. My ADA is also MIDI controlled, so that I can have it set differently for different "rig" settings or have the "rig" skip it altogether.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Default Re: ER in Tube Preamp Effect Loop

Hi,

I'm not considering that route as I do not want the digital device (ER) to be "loaded" (Effect Loop) with the Tube Devices (Preamp AMT SS10).

But the Inverse

Clean,Crunch and Lead from Tube Preamp with ER as Digital Effect Processor.

If I get the correct settings from the Eleven Rack (Level Adjustements Pre/Post, Connections ...) the sound should KILL (The preamp is AMAZING).

My first post is precise so somebody will guide my testing (starting tomorrow)

Fab

P.S: Sorry for the Bad English