Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Default Mbox 2 pro interference with other equipments

Soundcard loses connection and the power led begin to flash when I turn on the lights in the next room or the mixer. I use the soundcard with the AC adapter.

Where is the problem.

1) Bad firewire cable (EMI RFI interference)
2) the AC adapter receive a noise from outlet and I need to filter the power from unwanted signals (I have a belkin surgemaster)
3) The soundcard receives a radio signal when a power circuit is closed.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 pro interference with other equipments

First thing I would do is test the outlet and see what the voltage is, and if it drops when you turn on the lights in the next room. What happens if you run without the power supply(the Mbox powered thru the firewire)? More details on your setup might help.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
First thing I would do is test the outlet and see what the voltage is, and if it drops when you turn on the lights in the next room. What happens if you run without the power supply(the Mbox powered thru the firewire)? More details on your setup might help.
well I don't think the power drop when you turn on a light or something. electrical infrastructure is very good.

- I use it only with the AC adapter (I have notebook with windows XP SP2)
-PCMCIA firewire card with TI chipset
-Firewire cable 6-pin/4-pin
-Power supply 220V/50Hz power

since I bought the soundcard i had problems with it.

For example when I listen songs on youtube sometimes the sound drop for a second and then come back. After a while there is no more sound and I have to unplug/plug the AC Adapter to make it work again (i don't know if this is because somebody turn on the light or something ). Also everytime I connect the soundcard I hear crackling in speakers when the first song begin.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundesign View Post
well I don't think the power drop when you turn on a light or something. electrical infrastructure is very good.

- I use it only with the AC adapter (I have notebook with windows XP SP2)
-PCMCIA firewire card with TI chipset
-Firewire cable 6-pin/4-pin
-Power supply 220V/50Hz power

since I bought the soundcard i had problems with it.

For example when I listen songs on youtube sometimes the sound drop for a second and then come back. After a while there is no more sound and I have to unplug/plug the AC Adapter to make it work again (i don't know if this is because somebody turn on the light or something ). Also everytime I connect the soundcard I hear crackling in speakers when the first song begin.
Nobody? At least the firewire cable can do something like this? light circuit is separated from the socket, there is no direct communication.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 PM

I've changed the firewire cable and until now everything is ok. And another thing that I don't understand , the sound from my monitors is more forward, I don't know how to describe. Maybe was a bad cable after all
Old 11-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundesign View Post
I've changed the firewire cable and until now everything is ok. And another thing that I don't understand , the sound from my monitors is more forward, I don't know how to describe. Maybe was a bad cable after all
Interesting Hope it stays working for ya

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave