Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2001, 03:18 AM

Default How di I shorten the length of a final mix?

I really need help! How do I edit the length of my tracks? When I bounce to disc I have a alot of dead space to edit. For example, I want to trim a song from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. How is this performed? I know how to delete, but I want to know how to get rid of the remaining two minutes.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:06 AM

Default Re: How di I shorten the length of a final mix?

use the selection tool on the timeline ABOVE the physical track. Then you should see that all the tracks will be selected. Then choose bounce. Works for me (btw.....it's in the manual at chapter 22 page 313)

Bastiaan

Bastiaan
Old 12-15-2001, 07:23 AM

you can select any track to designate your bounce time. i always leave a bar in front and behind and chop that out with a wav editor....
Old 12-15-2001, 08:23 AM

Ryan,

If you're like me, you may need things explained in very simple terms. So, forgive me is this seems too elementary.

But, the timeline is across the top of the Edit Window, where you see either bars and beats, or minutes, or samples(you can assign any or all of these to appear there). See that? Mine is assigned to just bars and beats.

OK, now, to Bounce JUST the exact length of your session that you want to bounce, do this.

Place your cursor IN the timeline, and click and HOLD, beginning on the exact Start point of your song. Now, still in the timeline, drag to the right to the exact End point of your song. The ENTIRE section (All tracks in the Edit Window) should be blacked out.

NOW, under File, do your 'Bounce to Disc', set the bit rate(16, 24...) and the sample rate (44100, 480000...). Also, you will most likely want to set it to 'Stereo Interleaved'. And you should be fine leaving the default setting of 'Close after Bounce' alone.

Now you should be good to go...

Glad to be of help, Roy

p.s.And be sure to UNclick 'Low Latency Monitoring' under 'Setups'.