How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Angry Maximum Allowed Activations

Hi everyone,

I have been running in circles trying to intall the expansion pack. Was not expecting such a roller coaster that has basically brought me to the point of completely re-installing windows. And, with good news I'm closer than I have ever been to getting mt 11R updated and that I haven't wasted $98.00.

BUT, I am now looking at the "Please enter your Serial Number and SystemID" screen. I enter the information.... like I did before....when everything crashed.
But since I did it before, now I get a message that reads "You have reached the maximum Allowed Activations for the Serial Number.
Allowed seats:1
Currently Activated Seats:1
Attempted Amount:1

It's a "What's Next?!?!?" and a "SCREW THIS" kind of moment and really starting to get frustrated at the lack of foresight in where things might go wrong.... and things do. So when they do I wish AVID/DIGIDESIGN would point you in a direction that would eventually lead you to a solution. Like a "CLICK HERE to RESET YOUR ACTIVIATION or new ACTIVATION SERIAL NUMBER" ...or something...not just leaving you hanging only to leave you on your own posting a plee for help on an AVID user forum. Don't get me wrong Knowledge base is heaven sent.... what would we do with out each other? We'd all be lost!

QUESTION" Is there a way to reset my seat count? Or dod I need to contact AVID ( who are probably close over the weekend so I'm screwed till Monday).

What's with the limit anyways..... If you don't have the physical hardware ( i.e. the Eleven Rack) what good is this expansion pack anyways.... big brain-fart there.

Thanks anyone for your help.

NOTE: I did try downloading another "Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Installer Windows" download to see if it was fileID related.... didn't work.

SPECS:

WINDOWS 7 64-Bit
PROTOOLS LE 8
ELEVEN RACK
Old 05-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Maximum Allowed Activations

That number was locked to that computer, and when you formatted, you erased all data that let the ERXP know that your computer is authorized.

You need to contact Avid.

They must only allow it to be installed on one PC, if they did not, then someone could just give out or charge a reduced fee for a copy of the installer.

Avid will take care of you, take a break, go grab a soda, have a smoke and relax for a bit. Im not sure when Avid will fix this for you, but they will.

Eleven Rack Expansion Pack (ERXP) FAQ

Also, once you have the Firmware updated to 2.0.1 you do need to ever run that part of the ERXP again, that is another reason it is locked.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-28-2011, 10:59 AM

Thanks.... I'm just venting.

They should automate this process. Not everybody has the time to wait I guess and it would free up their support team.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Links to their support seems convoluted.... too many options.... any links available?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyerzMedia View Post
Links to their support seems convoluted.... too many options.... any links available?
Really, your best bet (IMHO) is for DTS or Chris to come across your post here on the DUC and get you a new Serial Number. I imagine Avid is out for the week.

Tel: 650-731-6100
Fax: 650-731-6375

Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm PST, Friday 8am-4pm PST

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 AM

A week? .. well that sucks.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
A week? .. well that sucks.
no, i meant the rest of this week plus Monday since its a holiday.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM

So basically, when ever windows crashes and I have to re-install windows... which has coccured more than once in the last 6 months, I have to go through this serial # activiation release process from AVID each time?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Oh.... sure I get the holiday thing....

I did finally get the firmware updated so there is progress... now I just need to get the expansion pushed through... :)
Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
So basically, when ever windows crashes and I have to re-install windows... which has coccured more than once in the last 6 months, I have to go through this serial # activiation release process from AVID each time?
No, once your Eleven Rack has been updated to 2.0.1, you will never need to update it again.

You can run the first part of the ERXP as many times as you want, on as many systems as you want.

The first part of the ERXP only installs the updated GUI plugins so you can use the new ERXP items in Pro Tools.

The second part, which is the firmware, only need to be run once, no matter how many times your PC crashes or if you change to a newer PC. Once the Eleven Rack is update, its updated.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio