Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 AM

Default Re: HD Omni Mini-Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Personally, I would get the MBox and something considerably more worth your while for a lot less money.

Sure, the Omni could potentially be used with the MBox... but for $3000 just to end up using only 2 of the I/O seems like a waste, unless you're preparing for the inevitable.

I recommend pairing an MBox with something more along the lines of an API A2D. Great converters and great pres, and you won't feel like you're missing out on anything. Plus, you can easily find one for half the price of an Omni.

The API A2D will only take me half way. I also need better D/A to my monitors and headphones. That's why I asked if Mbox2Pro + Omni would work.

Unless there is a better AD/DA solution for my Mbox 2 Pro out there ?