Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 03:00 PM

Default > HD - Audio leak thru track w/ no voice assigned

A strange occurrence. I often just turn-off the voice for tracks I am not using (old habit from before we could park tracks). I did this last night and later noticed I was still hearing audio from a mutted track. . . Took awhile, but I found this ghost audio was leaking thru this track with the voice turned off (it did not show on the meter, but it sounded and a mute stopped it). I changed the voice to Dyn and it was fine, changed the voice to off again and it was still silent. The same thing happened a litle later on with another track that had the voice off. Strange. . .

Parking the track is the easy fix, but I thought I should mention it in case it puzzles someone else, and a little bug noticed can sometimes help solve other bigger problems. . . I did not have time to test any further because I was tweaking a mix with client.

Also, still having a lot of problems with NI VI's (Distortion, Random noises). . . Looks to me like single processor mode performs better than Dual.

System:
-------
PT 7.1 cs3
OSX 10.4.3
HD4 (Core + Accel + 2 x Process)
G4 Dual 1.42GHz w/ 1.5 GB RAM