Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2000, 06:34 AM

Default session setup window?

according to the manuals, when opening a previous session or creating a new session a "Session Setup" dialog box should appear that allows you to set certain configuration parameters of your interface (I have an ADAT Bridge). I never see this dialog box, am I doing something wrong?

Also, periodically I lose the left/right scrollbar at the bottom of the edit window. has anyone else experienced this?

neil
Old 01-04-2000, 09:42 AM

Default Re: session setup window?

You need to go to the setups menu on the top of the screen and choose playback engine. There you will be able to configure your IO's and how many you want to use. Note: If you have multiple IO's be sure you only have the minimum active that you need to use since each IO takes one DSP chip to run. For example if you have 2 IO's and only need to record fewer than eight tracks at a time to finish a song, set the second IO in the above menu to none so you won't waste any DSP power. As far as the other problem, just switch to the mix window and back to the edit window. I haven't experienced this problem but that may help since it refreshes the screen.
Old 01-04-2000, 05:04 PM

Default Re: session setup window?

Yes, I lose the scrollbars from time to time. It seems to happen when I've got the edit window nearly full screen. Resizing just a bit helps me.