Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Default How do I cope with mixing large sessions?

Just looking for some tips to help with mixing large sessions.
I have lots of recording coming up.. I will most likely leave the same session open to record multiple takes and multiple songs.
My question is.. Let's say I mix the first song of the session and I'm happy with it.. How can I economically then use those same settings for the other mixes (songs in the same session) and tweak them as required? I know I could just leave the same session open but any changes would be saved.. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a separate session with each song and the ability to use the same plugs and settings from my first initial mix..
I'm looking for a smart method of working with mixes that are related to each other..
Any wisdom is much apprectiated.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: How do I cope with mixing large sessions?

not sure if i understand you...when you are ready to work on the new session, just open up the original session and click FILE-SAVE AS, and rename that session as your new one. then all the same plugins are available.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 AM

When you get it set up the way you want, then use File > Save Copy In and don't copy any audio files. Then you can go into the Finder and set it up as read-only stationary. The next time you open it in PT, it will ask if you want to modify the template or create a new session from it.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Hi.

Try these tips... Save all of your Plug in settings for each track. Then Label your Aux Sends and Returns In the Session IO set up. Export your IO Set Up and save it as "New Album IO" or something like that.

Now you can open your new song as usual and Import Session Data from your first song. Only Import Aux's (effects) not the Audio tracks and then Import your IO settings. This should get all your Aux's and effects on Aux's into your new session. Also use your plug in settings that you saved.

Hope this helps.