Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2024, 08:53 PM

Default Addictive Drums

After my first annual re-download of Protools 10 (as per instructions), I can no longer use Addictive Drums because the plugin is “not an Avid plugin”. AD always worked really well, now I cannot access it. How can I get Protools to again accept Addictive Drums. Or, do I need to find another drum program software?
Thank you.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Addictive Drums

Huh? What are you talking about?

There is no "annual download of Pro Tools 10" and Pro Tools 10 is well over a decade old.

And what exact instructions are you following (provide a link the that online if you can).

What exact computer do you have, running exactly what OS and what exact version of Pro Tools (like shown to you in the Pro Tools splash screen or About window) were you running before and what version have you upgraded to.

What *exact* error message are you getting, cut and paste that here or post a screen shot (just a close up of the error message so DUC does not downscale it to be useless blurry mess). I doubt there is any message that says "not an Avid plugin". The *exact* wording here is important.

---

I'm going to guess you might have upgraded from some old version of Pro Tools running on an Apple Silicon Mac to a 2022.3 or later version that by default runs Pro Tools as Apple Silicon native program that required plugins ported to Apple Silicon, and you have not updated your plugins. That's quite a guess, but in case it gets you going in the right direction: There are thousands of posts on DUC about all this, several monster threads for you to skim through. You should start by using Pete Gates's free PT Prefs tool to scan the plugins and see if the plugins you have installed are Intel only ("x64") or intel and Apple silicon ("universal"). You should have researched if you have apple silicon ports of the needed plugins available before upgrading. If they are not then you can run Pro Tools under Rosetta to run the old Intel only plugins. All described in a lot of detail already in other threads on DUC findable with Google with the site:duc.avid.com qualifier.