Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 06:00 AM

Default DUY Plugins

I was considering purchasing some of their plugs. . . and noticed the site says 50% off even though it was suppose to end 11/15/2009. Does anyone know if they are still honoring the discount. . . . ? Plus I have heard mixed reviews on the company. Should I avoid them? Are their plugs working on the latest PT releases. Are there now better alternatives available. . . ie URS Saturation. . . . Obviously I am looking for "saturation" type plug ins. I already have Tape Head & McDSP AC. FWIW I have a HD2 system but alternate plugs don't have to necessarily be TDM. . .
Joe
Old 01-02-2010, 06:20 AM

Default Re: DUY Plugins

I don't know about DYI but you need to try Cranesong Phoenix
http://www.cranesong.com/PHOENIX.html
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 AM

I've used DUY for a long time & would highly recommend. But there are newer products that I've made the shift to. Would recommend Phoenix tape as well as SPL Twintube. And McDSP AC is very good as well. Using these 3 plus a good eq & compressor should give you the kind of sound you need for your primary sounds like, kik, bass, snr, vocals, etc.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 PM

If you want to deal with a company that never answers questions or sends you links to the latest version (or the one you just bought for that matter), than by all means buy their products.

The worst company out there.

I know my plug-ins totaling thousands will become worthless when they go under, but they have nobody to blame, but themselves. It's going to suck for us who have invested in their products. Save yourself the grief and DON'T buy DUY.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboymusic View Post
If you want to deal with a company that never answers questions or sends you links to the latest version (or the one you just bought for that matter), than by all means buy their products.

The worst company out there.

I know my plug-ins totaling thousands will become worthless when they go under, but they have nobody to blame, but themselves. It's going to suck for us who have invested in their products. Save yourself the grief and DON'T buy DUY.
badboy,

I cannot agree with your there. Or maybe I got lucky.
I have received excellent customer service after acquiring several DUY plugs the past months.

Not doubting that you had your beef with them but maybe they've changed after reading about the discontent of their users.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:04 PM

I wish that were true in my case, I just sent them another form submission, as that's what they said they prefer now over email. The last one was sent 3 weeks ago.

I'm glad you are having good success, I wish we all could.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:08 PM

badboymusic are there others that have experienced your troubles or are you an isolated case? FWIW I sent them and email to ask a question on their prices and if they are still honoring what is on their website. . . . lets see if they get back to me. Sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath.
Joe
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM

Angry Re: DUY Plugins

I recommend staying away from DUY. While they technically have eventually responded to me and others here on DigiUC and Gearslutz, it is ONLY after they get called out publicly in a forum and **several weeks** of delay.

Then comes promises of better times to come--- but they never do.

Unless you can risk what will seem to be a loss of your money (certainly for long gaps of non-response at best), I would advise you to look to another company's products.

This is my own personal experience; your mileage may vary, but please at least do a search on "DUY" here and at Gearslutz for additional info before making the commitment.

-Gm
Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 AM

I bought a DUY bundle a few days ago, but have yet to receive my Ilok key from them. I registered the serial number and chose iLok. But I'm still waiting...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 AM

After reading all DUY threads here for a year or so I think I would spend my money other places first.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88